Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

photography recommendations please...

I know this has probably been asked a million times, but I'm looking for photographer recommendations in Philadelphia. My wedding is only six months away so someone who's maybe not in the top ten most mented would be better/more likely to have my date open.

I'm looking for someone who does a lot of candid images and is good with the guests. I want the formal shots too, but I want someone who does a bit of everything - journalistic style as well as pics that will make the older ppl happy.

The hard part is my budget - i'm looking for something in the 1500-2200 range, ideally for about 6 hrs.

As always, help is much appreciated!

Re: photography recommendations please...

• Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kelly Miller  Photographer should run you in the $1000-$1500 range.  She is just getting into weddings, but I think she's pretty good.

http://www.kellymillerphotos.com/

More specifically, here is an example of a wedding tease:

http://kellymillerphotos.blogspot.com/2011/01/adam-laura-goggle-works-wedding.html
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm using Liz Warnek Photography - she seems like she'd be right up your ally. My package is more expensive but I'm getting her for a good 10 hours among other things.

Here's her website: http://lizwarnek-philadelphia-wedding-photography.com/

She lists her packages right on the website and I'm pretty sure you can do a few a la carte options as well.

*~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using BlackSilver Imaging

www.blacksliverimaging.com

They're definitely in your price range. I love their work. (I graduated with one of the photographers in the company- I've seen her work progress and she wins awards like crazy)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Add Photography by Leah to your list to check out.  She falls in your price range.  She did our wedding and we couldn't be happier with how everything turned out.  She's a little less known, so depending on your date, she may still be available.

www.facebook.com/byleah
    www.photographybyleah.com

• Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe Jenna Walcott since you only want a limited amount of hours

http://www.jennawalcott.com/

I know she already has inquires for that date but I'd look into her if I were you
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Dave Waddell of Siousca Photography.  He photographed my friend's wedding last summer, and did a gorgeous job (we also do not recall ever seeing a photograher there, which means he blended into the background very well). We hired him for our October wedding, along with another couple who attended the same wedding.

http://www.siouscaphotography.com/

He has a wonderful eye and just simply takes gorgeous photographs.  He is super laid back, includes an engagement shoot if you want one, and his prices are in your range for 10 hours, 2 photographers.  I am sure he would be willing to work with you for only 6 hours.

Good luck!!!
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There was a photog I was going to use before I found mine. Ryan O. Photography. he was a real nice guy and did a wedding DH was in. He's in that price range, and has nice pictures.
  • Options
    bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Couldn't agree more with dipsontop.  We haven't had our wedding yet, but we switched photographers in January and decided to go with Leah.  She is awesome.  Since I go to school in Ohio, dibsontop shared her wedding album with me so I could see more of her work.  Then I chatted with Leah on the phone and she was just awesome.  I would totally recommend her.  She is down to earth, very friendly and is planning her own wedding.  I actually asked her for some advice concerning cancelling our old photographer, she was really great.  She is definitely in your price range, we made our own package with her. 

Good luck! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amy Tucker has been excellent to work with so far. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with Erin Keough Photography.  She's in your budget and I was happy with my photographs.  She was great to work with.  She has a 2nd photographer as well.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Claire Hudson:

She was willing to negotiate price with us, so definitely less than 2000.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Audrey142Audrey142 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Aaron Mitchell Photography (www.aaronmitchellphotography.com/">link).  They're a husband and wife team based in Bucks County who love doing a more candid-style wedding (what we're looking for also) as well as the more traditional formal shots.  Aaron has been known to climb trees and walk into the ocean to get just the right shot.  They're super easy to get along with and blend well with guests.  Our wedding is in September, but I have been to several holiday and birthday parties that they covered (which is how we originally found them).

They've been very helpful with everything down to referrals for florists.  They also work with a makeup artist who offers free airbrush makeup for the bride (day-of and trial) if she's booked to do makeup for the bridesmaids/moms (I think you just need other 3 people having full makeup done).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards