Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

VENT: Just RSVP already!

So I knew this would happen, everybody told me, but I really thought I would have more response cards back by now.  The due date is next Friday and we only have a little more than half back.  It's a freaking postcard, people.  Just check chicken or fish and put it in the mail!!!

So is this normal? 

I really don't feel like tracking down numbers and calling people but it's really looking like we will have to.

Re: VENT: Just RSVP already!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have not been through this... but everyone complains about it, so I suppose it is normal. :( 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't call it normal, but I had the same problem.  The sad thing is that some of our no-response offenders are people in the bridal party.  They said "you know we're coming".... yes, but are you bringing a date and what do you want to EAT?????  So annoying.
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it's normal! We only had about half a week before the deadline, then a bunch trickled in around the RSVP date... and then we got to call/email/text/FB people who didn't respond. In that order (call first, then email, then text, then FB)!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great, this is what I have to look forward to!  I think I'm sending invites out this Saturday so they will get to people around Monday-Wednesday of next week.  I hope people RSVP quickly! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh this is totally normal... I had to call about 40 people once the deadline came because they didnt mail them in.  and like pp said - most were family/bridal party who said "But you knew we were coming!"
  • Options
    Melis41623Melis41623 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    good times... how much buffer did you give between the due date and following up?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I gave myself a month because I'm neurotic and can't wait until the last second.  Plus, we have a few "B list" people to invite later, and we wanted to give them time.
  • Options
    bigjajapoofbigjajapoof member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sad thing is we allowed guests to RSVP online. Out of about 90 people we've only heard back from 10 >.>
    Even though i'm now married you ladies can't get rid of me. Hit me up www.facebook.com/groomzilla BOOYAH!!!
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We found that the people who waited until the last minute were mostly the people who were not coming.
    ..and the bridal party.  I left them all messages the week of the due date telling them if they didn't RSVP they were all getting the vegetarian meal.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    teachyoubioteachyoubio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were missing about 17 out of the 62 that were sent out.  Some people flat out lost our invites, others swear they sent them back but we never got them (we did postcards as well), our bridal party said that we should know that they are coming, and my step-dad's family just doesn't RSVP.  I kind of wish I had made my RSVP date a little sooner than 1 week before I needed my final numbers.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My deadline is 8/8 for my 9/5 wedding, and I only have 79 responses - 67 yes, 12 no - out of 171 invited.  I'm sure I will have plenty of emails/calls to make after 8/8...
  • Options
    edited December 2011

DH's friend overnight the reception card not the RSVP card two nights before the wedding ...
    I had people who weren't coming that were too embarrassed to tell me so I had someone pose as a wedding planner and call them lol ...

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    bigjajapoofbigjajapoof member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You ladies are nicer then me. The week that they are due i'm calling everyone up, i'll ask them nicely whether or not they are going to RSVP online. If they don't RSVP by at no more then 3 days later then they get bumped from the list and someone else will take there spot.
    Even though i'm now married you ladies can't get rid of me. Hit me up www.facebook.com/groomzilla BOOYAH!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards