Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Goals: Long Term

What are your long term goals?  Something that can be achieved in 6+ months.

This can be wedding related or not.  Feel free to make a whole list :)

Re: Goals: Long Term

• Options
    edited December 2011
    As my new biz gets up and running leaving the classroom for good, I would like to be out in 2 years.  

Buying a house/ flat in 1.5- 2 years.  TTC in years.  Getting a dog before TTC.  

So over all a lot should happen in the next 2 years, wedding is in May as well. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     - Find a new job

- Buy a house (conditional on new job and really figuring out where we want to live)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Loose 15 pounds. I HAVE to start going to the gym. Lost 10 on the diet and now its not doing anything more because I hate working out. Oh well.

Also- do all the finishing touches on the house (aka- last pieces of art, little projects, etc) and try not to kill the FILs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I also want to get a masters.  I think I want to Cambridge, FI convinced me I can do it, I waver.  

Next July I am eligible for UK tuition which is something crazy like 3000 GBP for a masters from freaking Cambridge.  
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NVC If I didn't get my masters for free from here I'd be severely jealous! I love the UK.

6+ months - Get all my shiit together for the wedding.
     Get Married!!!
    Finish my masters and become a teacher.
    Get a house.
    Once I'm done my masters I'd really like to try and learn a new language. Or at least improve my ASL.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely would also like to lose 15 pounds.  I don't know if that's short term or long term.... I guess it would be long term to keep it off!

I would also like to move out of the city and have a couple of kids... Oh, and I want a dog too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Get married!! :-)

2. Buy a house as soon as possible after we get married.

3. Get a lot of travelling in before we have kids.

4. Go back to school to get my paralegal certificate.

5. Adopt a puppy! FI says no, but he can't deprive me forever ;-)
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    -live a healthier lifestyle - make it to the gym every night, cook dinner every night - this isn't possible right now because of job #2.

-job search.

-figure out if I want my MBA or Masters in Education.

-buy a bigger house - this is an after the wedding goal. I have some major stipulations to go with it though. The house has to have 3 bed rooms, and be as up to date as our house is now. I am not living through remodeling another house!

-trade in my Saturn so FI can get a bigger truck and I take the Escape. I am excited and upset all at the same time. My car was my first major purchase ever.

-travel!

-TTC before 30.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TCT how did you get a free masters if you aren't already teaching?  What are you going to teach?
    Do you think it's going to make it more difficult to get a job becuase they will have to pay you more?  
    I'm a teacher as well btw and I know people I finished school with who do not have jobs yet.  

There are downsides to living here as well, as anywhere.  
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    -renovate the house
    -get a dog
    -get a new job (to gain some experience)
    -get a job in the field I received my degree
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work for a college, so free masters. I've was also a paraprofessional for students with severe disabilities and thus have wonderful connections in DE. I'm hoping it doesn't make it difficult to get a job. I'm definitely nervous about it though.

I'm getting my MED in Elementary Education (my BA was in History with Secondary- but high schoolers drove me up a wall - and surprisingly I can handle younger children much better). I'll also keep my job here until I can find a teaching position, so I may be able to add to my degree with certificates and hopefully someone will hire me! I still have a year and a half to go before I'm fully certified, so maybe the economy will be better by then - or a boat load of teachers will retire?

I'm sure there are downsides, but I studied abroad in London, and it feels like my hometown. I miss it. After living there for a while, I might start to lose that positive vision but then again I doubt I'll ever get to live over there again - just visits every now and again.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Connections are always good!  

I was a para as well, which is when I decided to go special ed.  

Distance is a problem being here, esp. when things happen and I can't be there.  Everything is more expensive here, higher taxes etc.  However I do get healthcare, I have private healthcare on top of the NHS.  
    Pro and cons to anything.  
    I'm sure glad I moved, it's been a great experience and I met FI.  I came to experience England and travel and will end up with citizenship.  
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Look into buy a house next summer
    Get a puppy
    Save for a wedding
    Lose 40 lbs (at least 20-30 by my friend's wedding Oct 2011)
    Look into my masters
    GET MARRIED!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

House Hunting (will resume after our honeymoon)/Buy a House

Train the puppy we have NOW to be a better one.. Ha! (I love him but he is CRAZY SOMETIMES!) **Anyone looking for a puppy I definitely recommend petfinder dot com. It is all rescues... We rescued Lloyd(yes he is named after Lloyd from Entourage, who is our favorite character) from Second Time Around.. It's a non profit to save dogs from kill shelters. I would much rather give $250 donation to a shelter for a puppy than $1000 to a pet store! But I didnt need a full bred dog.. just an suggestion!!

Travel to Aruba (one year anniversary idea) & Disney (Christmas time 2011)

TTC (after my best friend's wedding in July 2012)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Happywithhim - have you ever been to Disney around Christmas? It is AMAZING! I think we are going back with FI band in Nov 2011.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Long Term Goals:

*Sell our current house and buy a bigger one
    *Start a family -- probably next year some time
    *Find a new job
    *Lose 20-25 lbs
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    I actually have a list of about 30 goals for the next 7 months...I'm calling it my 30 before 30.

Anyway, some of the highlights are:

*buy a house
    *find the perfect bra
    *get my prolactin levels down to 30
    *send out my Thank You cards
    *learn to drive stick
    *rework my blog

etc.. etc.. 

If you want more, check out my blog on Monday.  I'll have the entire list posted.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to be able to leave my preschool job and teach more dance lessons in way less than 6 months.  I'd like to get a pup before then as well.

In 6+ months:
    We should start looking for a new house but not really buy for another couple of years.  We have to see what else is out there. 

TTC within a year or two.

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards