Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Wednesday: AW, Confessions, Vent, Open Letter

Re: Wednesday: AW, Confessions, Vent, Open Letter

• edited December 2011
    Dear Mom,
    Please PLEASE schedule a visit with a therapist.  I need someone besides me to tell you that your thought/feelings process is not working and it's obvious that dad and Mike aren't willing to do that.
    Love,
    Daughter at the end of her rope
    PS - Using "I'm afraid to bother you" as an excuse does not hold weight when you've interrupted my work day today THREE times, and once yesterday.  At least if you're going to interrupt me, make it for a good reason.  kthx
  • edited December 2011
    I confess I'm going to S. Jersey this weekend for a wedding and will be within 20 minutes of my hometown.  I reserved a hotel room and don't really plan on hanging out while I'm down there.  They'll all be mad, but they can suck it because no one ever bothers to come visit me.  Life isn't always at your convenience.
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AW: My bridemaid dress for my little brother's wedding finally got here!! I can't wait to try it on at lunchtime! God I hope it fits! Super excitied - it's even prettier than I remeber. Will post pics once I get them! :)
  • edited December 2011
    AW: Some of you saw on FB, but DH bought me a flower and a cd the other day.  He attached a post it that said "Hope these cheer you up a little :)"  I brought the post it to work and stuck it to my monitor because I'm a dork haha.
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    Awww Hilary that's super cute. :) I have a birthday card that SO gave me at work because when I'm feeling down I can read it and it makes me laugh and feel better.
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have every card from flowers DH sent me and brought it to my new work place and have them up. They are just nice to see every day :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I am $30 away from reaching my goal for the March of Dimes walk this weekend. I don't I'm going to reach the goal :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aww Hil - sorry about the crappola your mom is putting you through. Glad that DH brighten you up a bit! And post-it on the monitor- not dorky at all!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-confessions-vent-open-letter-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:e5f1687e-ae59-44ad-ad3f-893d5280f4a4Post:1a60990d-8fbc-48a9-93ac-d04750efecef">Re: Wednesday: AW, Confessions, Vent, Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am $30 away from reaching my goal for the March of Dimes walk this weekend. I don't I'm going to reach the goal :(
    Posted by jennyinyellow[/QUOTE]

Done!  Sorry I waited until the last minute :)
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Detour through the Philly Airport - WHAT?!  haha oh man!

Confession - I just told my mom I was busy and had to get off the phone.  Reality: I get angry when she calls in a weak signal area... doesn't help anyone when I can only hear every other word, then the call gets dropped.  And I don't feel like dealing with her today.  TOM is at it's peak, and I have 0 patience.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-confessions-vent-open-letter-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:e5f1687e-ae59-44ad-ad3f-893d5280f4a4Post:1a60990d-8fbc-48a9-93ac-d04750efecef">Re: Wednesday: AW, Confessions, Vent, Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am $30 away from reaching my goal for the March of Dimes walk this weekend. I don't I'm going to reach the goal :(

Consider yourself $15 closer.  My company matches contributions but that takes awhile for them to send it.  I will submit it though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-confessions-vent-open-letter-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:e5f1687e-ae59-44ad-ad3f-893d5280f4a4Post:1a60990d-8fbc-48a9-93ac-d04750efecef">Re: Wednesday: AW, Confessions, Vent, Open Letter</a>:

Consider yourself over your goal. :) Kudos for doing something for such a good cause.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Mana- it wasn't that bad of a detour. The directions we both had forgot to mention that we needed to get off of 291 on to 95 and then get off at 76. We made it work, and RA reminded me that I have to start looking at airfare for the honeymoon. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    Amy and Hil beat me to it! But now you're past your goal, yay! :-D
  • edited December 2011
    We meant to drive through the airport.  Just in case people were following us.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Thank You to everyone who helped me reach my goal!!!!!!!!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    edited December 2011
    JIY We love you! And your adorable little niece. I want updated pictures!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-confessions-vent-open-letter-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:e5f1687e-ae59-44ad-ad3f-893d5280f4a4Post:bc6d3089-2e2b-4fa6-9750-7bbdd7257f8d">Re: Wednesday: AW, Confessions, Vent, Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]JIY We love you! And your adorable little niece. I want updated pictures!!!!
    Posted by ButtonsPepper[/QUOTE]

I will post a picture of her from the walk after this weekend. My sister got her a onesie to wear that says "NICU Graduate".
    edited December 2011
    Awww yay! Can't wait to see.
  • edited December 2011
    That's adorable, JIY! I can't wait to see pics!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • edited December 2011
    I would like to AW my manicure.  I painted my nails on Sunday 5 minutes before dinner... and 3.5 days later, they still look awesome.  And I have natural nails.  Essie nail polish FTW.

I'm test running the nailpolish that I picked out for the wedding.  It's called "Blushing Bride" and it's barely-there pink.  

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-confessions-vent-open-letter-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:e5f1687e-ae59-44ad-ad3f-893d5280f4a4Post:e2fc45f7-0cff-455f-b1e9-47887b167c68">Re: Wednesday: AW, Confessions, Vent, Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mana- it wasn't that bad of a detour. The directions we both had forgot to mention that we needed to get off of 291 on to 95 and then get off at 76. We made it work, and RA reminded me that I have to start looking at airfare for the honeymoon. :)
    Posted by paprika28[/QUOTE]

You were right next to my house! Well, within a couple miles, anyway.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    AW - I <3 good people.  I just saw an old coworker (the only work person I invited to my wedding) and it brightened my day.  He and his wife are such good people.
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <<We meant to drive through the airport.  Just in case people were following us. >>

This made me LOL
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-confessions-vent-open-letter-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:e5f1687e-ae59-44ad-ad3f-893d5280f4a4Post:8d1ad5ea-95e4-415e-a679-4bf6f0197543">Re: Wednesday: AW, Confessions, Vent, Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would like to AW my manicure.  I painted my nails on Sunday 5 minutes before dinner... and 3.5 days later, they still look awesome.  And I have natural nails.  Essie nail polish FTW. I'm test running the nailpolish that I picked out for the wedding.  It's called "Blushing Bride" and it's barely-there pink.  
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

I was gonna say... I didn't see any nail polish. Then again, too many lemon drop martinis and yummy food will cause that to happen.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • edited December 2011
    RA- I am so sorry for your loss. 

My vent is that the FIL's are inviting people that I've never met to the wedding, even though FI and I have been together 8.5 years.  How close could you possibly be to them if I've never met them and FI hasn't seen them in even longer than that?  And we HAVE to invite others, even though "they probably won't come, but will send a gift".  Famous last words. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It mostly looks like clear nailpolish with a slight pink tint to it.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-confessions-vent-open-letter-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:e5f1687e-ae59-44ad-ad3f-893d5280f4a4Post:823769db-53c7-4187-8cc6-db3905b05ca0">Re: Wednesday: AW, Confessions, Vent, Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]RA- I am so sorry for your loss.  My vent is that the FIL's are inviting people that I've never met to the wedding, even though FI and I have been together 8.5 years.  How close could you possibly be to them if I've never met them and FI hasn't seen them in even longer than that?  And we HAVE to invite others, even though "they probably won't come, but will send a gift".  Famous last words. 
    Posted by Beagle211[/QUOTE]

My mom did the same thing. I gave her some leeway, but eventually just had to say no more. The last thing I want is to have them all rsvp yes. I'll admit there are about 10-15 people on our invite list that I'm really hoping decline.
  • edited December 2011
    Bean- I didn't even realize we were that close to you!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-confessions-vent-open-letter-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:e5f1687e-ae59-44ad-ad3f-893d5280f4a4Post:f2985cd0-ab66-42e2-bfab-14aa89b102d6">Re: Wednesday: AW, Confessions, Vent, Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bean- I didn't even realize we were that close to you!
    Posted by paprika28[/QUOTE]

Yup! I'm between exits 9 and 10 on 95.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards