Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Wedding Check Returned

So I was checking my bank account and saw that one of the checks from our wedding for $250 was returned and we were charged a $20 returned check fee.  Not really the biggest deal about the fee, but has this happened to anyone else.  Did you say something to the person who gave the gift? Did they bring it up to you? I have to go to the bank tonight so I'm going to find out which check it was

image 247 Invited so far!
image 170 Are ready to party!
image 35 Will be missing out!
image 42 Are MIA!

Re: Wedding Check Returned

• Options
    edited December 2011
    One of your gift checks bounced? How embarassing.  I don't think I would mention it to the person.  I think I'd let it go unless they said something to you.  That's too bad about the fee.  Maybe if you spoke to customer service and explained the situation, they would waive it for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had two checks bounce. Luckily no fee from our credit union. We didn't say anything to them and nothing has been said to us. DH is POed at this 4 months later and I could care less. Obviously they can see on their end the check bounced and I don't know what kind of financial situation they are in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That stinks. I agree with Cara, I would not bring it up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not at all can you bring it up...
    They already know it bounced and trust me they are already embarassed.
    See if they can waive the fee then chalk it up to a loss
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend had two bounce... her SIL and another guest who just happened to be an ex-bf of mine LOL  I don't think she said anything... but I'm not sure if her H could keep it in.

You are definitely not alone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wedding-check-returned?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:e663a8e4-b319-412d-afb8-a0196c01ec48Post:934edcc6-d13c-4b67-a20c-0e7b844f01c6">Re: Wedding Check Returned</a>:
    [QUOTE]They already know it bounced and trust me they are already embarassed. Posted by CaitC21[/QUOTE]
    this.

most banks will refund it
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    your bank charged you $20 because someone else didn't have money in their account?  That's messed up.

I agree with PP.  Call the bank and explain the situation.  ...and no need to embarras the guest anymore.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup - we had this happen too.   Commerce woudlnt fix it, hence another of a billion reasons why we ended up leaving them after the wedding, they suck.   We didnt mention it, but the guests actually ended up calling us to tell us "hey, don't cash our check it's gonna bounce" .. too late.   We told them we already did, and they said "oh, it's gonna bounce" .. end of story.   gee, thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had one of these and it was a family friend. My mom had seen the friend after it bounced and she (the friend) mentioned to my mom how embarrassed she was and said we could wait and deposit it again the following day. I actually don't remember if we were charged any kind of fee though...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I found it was an aunt and uncle my parents are very close with, more like friends than siblings, so we'll if they say anything about it.  The teller at the bank put in a request to get the fee waived, so we'll see what happens

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards