Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

So this happened...

I was at the check out line at the supermarket and the guy asked me a question so I answered.  

Checkout Guy "Are you American"
Me Yes
COG I love Americans.  Where are you from?
Me Philadelphia
(This is usually when I get a blank stare and I say 2 hours south of NYC.)

Few seconds go by.
COG WAIT!  Philly!!
Me Yes.
COG- NO WAY!
Like the Fresh Prince!
Mo Town Philly?!  
No Way!  
Philly!

Me Yes.
COG- NO Way.  I have always wanted to go, that is so amazing!
Me most people don't know where it is, when I say Philadelphia.  
COG- Oh no, I do!  
Have you ever been to Montana?  
Me No
COG Just wondering.

That was weird.  I don't usually have convos like that at all.  If people comment about me being American in London, they do not know where Philadelphia for the most part and way to bring up Boyz II Men!  

Re: So this happened...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Boyz II Men took over the world in the 90's!  LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This conversation just kinda made my day.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is funny. When I was in Italy one of the restaurant owners asked where we were from and I said Philadelphia and he said, "Oh, Bruce!" And before I could correct him about that being New Jersey he grabs a guitar and starts playing & singing, "Streets of Philadelphia".

We wound up hanging around with him and having a sing-a-long for hours....good times.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha Montana.... of all places why Montanta?  Is there anything even out there. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome! I <3 Boyz II Men. Did any of you see them when they were at Penns Landing around the 4th of July a few years ago? Man it was packed, but so awesome!
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How funny and how random that he went from philly to middle of the country
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha. I appreciate his Fresh Prince reference.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha thats awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cackle - I saw BIIM twice... both times in AC though.
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    Super jealous Hilary. Boyz II Men was supposed to be my very first concert, until my parents found out my friend's 25 year old brother (who my dad knew, and was an Eagle Scout and everything) was taking us and not her parents, and they told me I couldn't go. I was so mad at them! So my first concert ended up being.....Reba. I love her and all, but Boyz II Men would have been a way better first concert, heh.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha this made my day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_this-happened?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:e865c160-d4b3-4d4c-babd-56ed613ed3ffPost:25df0e9a-a6d4-4cf5-9a3a-c38b50c6e752">Re: So this happened...</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha Montana.... of all places why Montanta?  Is there anything even out there. 
    Posted by amy727[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, no idea but people don't know US geography in general.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Usually people know NYC, Orlando, Vegas, and LA.  So he came up with two odd places.  </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hahaha Nice!  When I was in Italy a guy asked me where I was from.  When i said Philly, he said 'oh like the cheese.'  I can only assume he meant philadelphia cream cheese.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_this-happened?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:e865c160-d4b3-4d4c-babd-56ed613ed3ffPost:1f260bc0-44f1-4b10-a698-9db28989d250">Re: So this happened...</a>:
    [QUOTE]hahaha Nice!  When I was in Italy a guy asked me where I was from.  When i said Philly, he said 'oh like the cheese.'  I can only assume he meant <strong>philadelphia cream cheese.</strong>
    Posted by QTsgirl522[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh good point!  I get that as well.  Also they call it Philadelphia here not cream cheese, it's weird.  They also use it in odd ways like on pasta.  </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love cream cheese on pasta.  I'm assuming you meant melted down into a sauce though?   Not like a stick of cream cheese on top of the pasta.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    Obviously Motown Philly's back again...
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
This discussion has been closed.