October 2010 Weddings

10 week to change my name? Seriously??

Apparently it could take 10 weeks for me to get my actualy marriage certificate!  I needed to mail our marriage "stub" out (and pay a fee) to get our marriage certificate mailed to us.  I realized I could do it online so did that.....but then we're not registered yet because they havn't processed what the Priest had to send in........

I never realized it would take this long to get the ball rolling for my name to be changed!  Is 10 weeks normal or a ridiculous time?  I thought it would be alot quicker than that??
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Blake William due May 30, 2012!! BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Re: 10 week to change my name? Seriously??

• wow that seems really long...

it took us about 2 weeks to get our copy of our marriage certificate, but once we got that, it was smooth sailing.  we went to the social security office & the dmv (just with the marriage certificate, and then the letter from the social security administration) and we were done!  I'll be getting my new social security card and driver's license in the mail in 2-4 weeks.
  • Hubby hand carried ours in the first business day after the wedding and got a certified copy right then. I needed it to get him on my health insurance.  I have not yet had a chance to get to the name changing. I only had 3 work days after the wedding before a work/honeymoon trip to Amsterdam. Just got back in the country last night. I hope to start the name change process next week but still need to finish everything for Hubbys 50th b'day party next Fri night.

• our officiant gave us our original marriage license after the ceremony then had to send paperwork in to the courthouse for them to file. I waited about 5 days, called the courthouse and our paperwork was all done. So instead of buying certified copies I called around and every place either just wanted to see the certificate and/or make a copy of it. I didn't buy a single certified copy, still have my original, and my name is totally changed now...except for AAA which I keep forgetting!

10-10-10
    Anniversary
  • You're in Ontario right?  

I read, on Wedding Bells, that someone ordered hers online 2 weeks after her wedding and had it the next week.  I ordered mine three weeks after (so last week), but nothing yet.

It's ridiculous though.  My sister lives in Saskatchewan and got hers the the Monday after the wedding.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

TTC Since January 2011 - We have bad sperm IUI #1 (February 2013) = BFN Nestie Besties with Xan921
  • In Response to Re: 10 week to change my name? Seriously??:
    You're in Ontario right?   I read, on Wedding Bells, that someone ordered hers online 2 weeks after her wedding and had it the next week.  I ordered mine three weeks after (so last week), but nothing yet. It's ridiculous though.  My sister lives in Saskatchewan and got hers the the Monday after the wedding.
    Posted by nfp147

Yeah I am in Ontario.....I've heard stories of people having to wait almost 3 months for theirs and then some people get them after a few weeks!
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Blake William due May 30, 2012!! BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • It really depends on your location.  The State of Hawaii takes up to 16 WEEKS to get the marriage license out, or I can pay $10 for an expedited copy, which take 4 weeks.

Annoying, but not the end of the world.
    we got it right the second time around! ten.twenty.twenty-ten. Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards