Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Don't use our e-pic photographer

Kalen Foley - a nice guy that is making a living doing photography, but I would never use him again!

We got our engagement pictures done last month, and were so unhappy with them! We had them done at Longwood Gardens which is a beautiful place that I love! But when we got our pictures back, we realized we didn't have any pictures with any of the flowers Longwood is famous for. We had one picture with flowers, but they were dead roses. Not what I had expected.

We got a cd of all of the high-res pictures, uneditted for $250. I know they were uneditted, but they were generally bad pictures. Some were too dark, almost all were crooked, and the coloring was totally off in most of them. It was awkward to work with him too. He would put us in positions and just tell us to "interact." The awkwardness definitely showed in our pictures.

I told him we were unhappy and had him edit about 25 of them. All he did was straighten them. We spent hours making them usable in photoshop.

He was recommended by friends, but I can't pass along that recommendation.

The pictures we editted are in my bio. I'm content with them now, but am so tempted to ask for a partial refund from him. They just weren't what I expected.
Anniversary

Re: Don't use our e-pic photographer

• Options
    angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He told you to interact and that was awkward for you? I can't imagine interacting with your FI would be an awkward situation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Interacting with my FI is not an awkward situation. When the photographer tells us to stand in a certain place, poses us, then tells us to interact and act natural, it's uncomfortable.

I didn't like my photographer and didn't think he did a good job. That's all I wanted to say.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just checked your bio and you guys look cute together!  but i see what you mean that there is lots of green but not much of the Longwood Gardens flowers.

btw, love Harry Savoys!  great reception location!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't posted in so long....so I just have to add that a friend that I work with was just in a wedding.  Kalen was the photog.  Her wedding pics were amazing.  Maybe you should ask him for a re-do if your not happy.  You are paying so you deserve to be happy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    P.S.  I just looked at your bio...I thought the e-pics were beautiful.  I love your dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think your epics look good too - not posed at all.  Very pretty dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just looked at the photos. think they all looked great.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. It took a few hours to get them that way. I just expected more for the money we paid. I didn't think we would have to edit them and touch them up so much.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that if you had to edit them yourself after paying a decent amount of money, it's may not have been worth it.  I think you did a great job though.  If you hadn't made this post and I just saw the pics, I would have said your photographer did a great job.  The pics do look great :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mindy,
    You didn't see the pictures before we spent hours fixing them. I've taken photography classes. My FFIL is a photographer. There were no dutch angles. There were sloppy pictures. I don't need your rude comments.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards