Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

*Amy727*

You mentioned the Pittsburg cookie table thing -- one of my coworkers is getting married in Pittsburg this spring, and he mentioned something about a cookie table. So do people bring cookies? He's from Philly, too. Can you explain?
And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket

Re: *Amy727*

• Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't realize until I moved here that it was a Pittsburgh thing. 

The tradition is that close friends and family bake tons and tons of cookies for the wedding.  The cookies are usually put out during cocktail hour and stay out all night.  Usually there are at least 6 cookies per person.  At the end of the night they put out bags or boxes and people take the rest home.

Here is a good article that explains it:  http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/16/dining/16cookies.html

Here is a picture of one that I DJ put on his website:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you! He was so fuzzy on the details, I didn't know if we were supposed to bring cookies or something! Such a guy.

And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    haha yeah my FI is not from Pittsburgh either so his mom was asking about it.  All that she heard from my FI was that there were tons of cookies. 

For some of my family/friend's weddings I started to bake a month or two ahead of time and I would freeze them.  It's making me hungry thinking about it now haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    I didn't realize the picture wasn't working.  I think it should be good now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards