Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

snacks...

anyone have good snack suggestions for after work?   i always go for the pita chips/goldfish and once that bag is open, i just cant stop! 
October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
Photobucket
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: snacks...

• Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I usually have a fiber one or kashi bar after working out.  They have 90 calorie ones now, chocolate and my new favorite chocolate peanut butter.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ooh, mana - they have choclate AND PB now yum.

I aso agree on the kashi bars.  I am obsessed with the cherry dark chocolate ones.  The trail mix ones (they hav almonds and cranberries) are good too.

carrots and hummus is a great snack.  Also a good use for your pita chips to fill you up before you eat them all.  I think the key with portion control for that stuff is to not take out the whole box/bag, but just one serving.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto LRM take out a serving, this is a good idea. Never sit with the whole thing. Then you will eat like 3 times amount.
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    LRM - YES I just found the chocolate pb ones at walmart.  TO DIE FOR!  I'm obsessed with the Pumpkin pecan Kashi bars.  I do better with bars because I don't have to measure it out.  If I eat anything out of a bag I will eat the whole thing.
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I usually grab a 100 calorie snack bag right now my favorite is the smartfood, sun chips, cheetohs variety pack. And now that i'm back on the dailyplate and logging calories i'm on the veggie and a little dip kick.
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I kinda switch it up through the week now. But I always have a serving of almonds. Diamond makes them in a single serving sized package, or the bottles all have the serving size on the side. And they come in the best flavors. Mine right now is Sea Salt, but FI loves Dark Chocolate & Mint Chocolate Chip. There's some others too.

I also love raisinets, and there's these great crackers that are olive oil and sea salt... mmm.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    I always have a stash of almonds at work in case I get a snack-attack or I end up working late.
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is this for pre-workout or just to hold you over before dinner?

Pre-workout (usually at work right before I leave) I have a protein shake (GNC sells premade ones, or I make protein powder w/soy milk), nuts, think thin bar, oatmeal, pb&j on ricecake, etc.  My options are obviously limited to whatever I have in my cabinet at work.

Just to hold me over.... chips and salsa :)  I don't really snack between work and dinner... just lots of water.
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_snacks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ecbe0983-cc38-4e65-885d-757af382d22bPost:ed7487b7-e49d-405a-8e1f-6e834875fdf7">Re: snacks...</a>:
    [QUOTE]ooh, mana - they have choclate AND PB now yum. I aso agree on the kashi bars. <strong> I am obsessed with the cherry dark chocolate ones.</strong>  The trail mix ones (they hav almonds and cranberries) are good too. carrots and hummus is a great snack.  Also a good use for your pita chips to fill you up before you eat them all.  I think the key with portion control for that stuff is to not take out the whole box/bag, but just one serving.
    Posted by LaRositaMonita[/QUOTE]

These are my new favorite! I have them in my drawer at work along with the trail mix ones. YUM.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!!  i will have to try these kashi bars

hil- its to tide me over until dinner, i work out in the mornings usually. I have 2 hours to kill before FI gets home and i always find myself eating everything.
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards