Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Norristown area people... NWR

Is there a good seafood store somewhere in Norristown, E. Norriton, Plymouth Meeting, etc?

I want to get raw fresh seafood to cook at home.

Re: Norristown area people... NWR

• Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not help on this one.  Hopefully soemone knows of somewhere good though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am no help either...sorry!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've driven past the Lobster Claw on Germantown Pk, but I think they make cooked/take out food.  Is that right?
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
     I have always wondered the same thing.  I think there is a sign that says they are a deli, but I'm not sure if they have fresh seafood. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hil- what is wrong with the grocery store? Not fresh enough??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_norristown-area-people-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ede90293-4f47-4b49-995f-1679878701bePost:e46afe3d-a2fd-4747-ace7-f22132051de5">Re: Norristown area people... NWR</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hil- what is wrong with the grocery store? Not fresh enough??
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

No, I'm a spoiled "shore" girl!  And I want to get crab legs, which are usually super small and super expensive in grocery stores.
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011

What about trying Whole Foods?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lobster claw used to be great back in the day, but I went there about 6 months ago looking for lobster and it was terrible, its basically a sandwich shop now. 

Suburbia Seafood in KOP/Bridgeport is really good

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_norristown-area-people-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ede90293-4f47-4b49-995f-1679878701bePost:9309d1b6-6f50-4fee-a4ed-6b61113b8c9c">Re: Norristown area people... NWR</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Suburbia Seafood in KOP/Bridgeport is really good
    Posted by LadybugBride3[/QUOTE]

Some at work just recommended this place to me.  Hmmmm.
  • Options
    LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I grew in E Norriton and my parents have been going to Suburbia for years.  If you feel like trekking into the City, FI's gets bushels of crabs in the summer from  Anastasi's at 9th and Washington in the Italian Market, all their seafood always looks good.

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_norristown-area-people-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ede90293-4f47-4b49-995f-1679878701bePost:23228c0d-0573-4029-a883-bbe9e93bd008">Re: Norristown area people... NWR</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Norristown area people... NWR : No, I'm a spoiled "shore" girl!  And I want to get crab legs, which are usually super small and super expensive in grocery stores.
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

Brat ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second (or third) suburbia.  we get crabs there from time to time and they are great.  Grew up with ladybugbride:)
  • Options
    bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    edited December 2011
    I work at the Whole Foods in Princeton, New Jersey and I can tell you that all food from there is fresh and the best.  So I would try Whole Foods, I know I am kinda biased, but it has been a great place to work during summer break and on breaks :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards