Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Photographer Similar To...

Hello all,
So orginally I booked Philip Gabriel, since rebooking my wedding his prices have increased dramatically...and I think right now he's out the running.

If you want to check out his work
http://www.philipgabriel.com/

My other top choice was Kamila Harrs, however October 26th 2012, is her 10 year anniv. and she wont book on it.

http://www.kamilaharris.com/index2.php

So suggestions, anyone have a good photographer with similar style, willing to share photos?

Thanks!
image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11

Re: Photographer Similar To...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What's the budget?  I'm not totally sure if these guys will fits yours, but mos of them are semi in line with Kamila, so hopefully someone among these will suit you :)  They are all variations on a photojournalistic style. 

Sarah Schulte (buddies with Kamila if I remember correctly)
    Doug Burns
    Tony Hoffer (might be above-budget)
    Ryan Estes
    Mike Landis
    Sandor Welsh
    Rich Lavigne
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marc Anthony is amazing. I love him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might want to check out Sharyn Frenkel, she is my photog :) 

She is not really expensive either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend Todd Zimmerman (Pictures by Todd). He's amazing!

Also Erik Matey is great, he did Jesster's wedding. 

Depending on your budget though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies thank you so much!!!

So much to look into :-) but photography is my favorite!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He will not keep the old pricing? 

• Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No he will not.
    I am beyond frustrated.

I am trying to bite my tounge about it all because I want to rear my ugly vendor venting head
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not going to lie that sucks.  I mean I get that times change and all, but I think that you would want to keep your good name, you already put down a deposit etc.  

When I go out (in Philadelphia) and mention the knotties vendors know about us and how we talk.  Whatever though, I guess not everyone thinks these things through.

Check out Asya.  My parents picked her since I'm in London, but FI and I met her yesterday and she is really sweet.  She is getting married herself in March, she is young, cute, excited, beautiful images.  
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey,
    Yes I guess some people don't understand.

He said for me to even book 2012 Id have to add an extra $500 to my depost which was already 1,411.57 -- /> Brining the down payment to 2,000... Im sorry but are you out of your mind?!?!

So we are probably going to take our deposit and use it for engagement photos, he is charging us $650 for just the session and then use the other $700 on getting all my images on CD and some product... but I will make sure every last penny is spent.

Her work is awesome! I put in an inquiry, as I did with a lot of the others.
    I can't believe I am back to square one on this.

You all have been so helpful throughout the years, and man has it been a lot of years!
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah used Kamila as an extra shooter while she was shooting her last wedding or two of the season because she was very pregnant, I like them both very VERY much. If I didn't use Sarah I would have used Kamila, if that helps you at all! You can check out photo's she did through my wedding album link, I'm in love with them.  Good luck on your search! 
  • Options
    Kim84mKim84m member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Cliff Mautner?   I'm not sure on Philips pricing so I don't know if he's more or less then him though.  He is more than Kamila.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kamila is way WAY overpriced. I've seen her work and she is really not talented. My friends can take better pictures. Sarah, rich lavigne (larosita's brother, ironic she recommends him), and Doug burns are all ok. These women have no idea what true photographers are. Try my photographer, Laura Novak. She's the only one worth the price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did Angel get a new screenname?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No but I just like angel. Truthful an straightforward. You girls are not truthful. You just say what others want to hear
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_photographer-similar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ef9bee83-3e87-49c8-b754-137fa7efc782Post:249e76c1-eece-4379-8df1-cf5ef075c9cb">Re: Photographer Similar To...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did Angel get a new screenname?
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE] LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha, I love this.

1 I generally agree with angel with regards to photogs.
    2 I love Laura Novak.
    3 I agree that people are reced all the time on this board and they suck.  

I also think people RAVE about venues which suck, but that is for another post.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Studio saldana or Tony Hoffer.  I pretty much recommend the same people. haha.  Sorry, I didn't go and research a million photographers and just generally love the work of those two photogs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the record, what does it matter if someone recs a photographer/venue/florist/etc that someone doesn't like?  The rec is there because someone likes that person's work and as pleased with it.  Last I checked, the women on this board are all happily functioning adults capable of making their own decisions according o their own tastes.  There are plenty of vendors that get reced here that I don't like for whatever reason, but unless someone specifically posts asking for poinion on a specific vendor, I'm not going to tell someone that a thought-out decision they have already made is a stupid one. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will though LaRosita. How's your brother Rich Lavigne doing with all the recommendations you give here. I think recommending family is against the vendors rule is it not?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, look who's the gossip now?
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bravo, LRM.

She doesn't tell anyone it's her brother.  I didn't know until you opened your big beotch mouth.  Therefore, it's allowed.

Wow, you are one pleasant beotch.  I bet your FI is totally emasculated around you.

I call Angel's AE.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At least my fiancé can get his hands around my waist.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_photographer-similar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:ef9bee83-3e87-49c8-b754-137fa7efc782Post:af9c7fcc-37c8-4dac-96ba-62844168e0e8">Re: Photographer Similar To...</a>:
    [QUOTE]At least my fiancé can get his hands around my waist.
    Posted by Strongwilledbeotch[/QUOTE]

That is uncalled for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_photographer-similar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:ef9bee83-3e87-49c8-b754-137fa7efc782Post:af9c7fcc-37c8-4dac-96ba-62844168e0e8">Re: Photographer Similar To...</a>:
    [QUOTE]At least my fiancé can get his hands around my waist.
    Posted by Strongwilledbeotch[/QUOTE]

Really? Really?? Wow. I guess when you can't come up with anything witty, you go for low blows. Completely uncalled for, and completely inconsiderate & rude. That's not speaking your mind, that's just full on insulting people.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm being honest. How many times do you see a fat person and think how did they let themselves get that way. Our health insurance is skyrocketing to pay for those who don't take care of themselves. So what if I am rude. I'm honest. Of course they may blame genetics but it's just being lazy. Eat some fruit and get off the couch.
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Man who knew the knottie who left and came back could start a discussion that lead to this bs...

Ladies who recc'd photogs thank you so much.

I am checking out their work and slowly going to set meetings.

I will keep you all updated.

Merry Christmas
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I got more cushin' for the pushin'.  Which is more than I can say for you, since you won't show your face (or your body).  My husband loves me just the way I am.

Thanks for the backup, girls.  I have learned over the course of dealing with this disease that low life trailer trash, like this beotch, exist, and just don't comprehend real life.  FWIW, to anyone else that gives a dammn, my weight is water weight and weight gain from this disease and the meds, and we are in the process of dealing with it.  Not that I need to justify myself to you, Beotch.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You wouldn't have the disease and be on meds if you took care of yourself. Again, I end up paying higher premiums to have to pay for your fat meds. And fat people ALWAYS have excuses. Water weight? You've been carrying water weight since you've been on these boards. Water weight can be dropped in days. Whats your real excuse. Reflex Sympathetic Disorder does not cause water weight gain. It causes burning pain, tenderness, muscle loss but not weight gain. And it is chronic but not debilitating. Hence you had no Mobility problems walking around Disney on your honeymoon. You just want sympathy. Instead you need an intervention. And of course your husband loves you the way you are. Just look at him. Oh and nobody is sticking up for you. If they were they would be saying you look great or something like that. All they are saying is my comments were uncalled for. They weren't defending you. They were blasting me. Think about that when you are shoveling in turkey and stuffing tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards