Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Good morning.

How are you?

DH drove into snow heading up to Bethlehem for work Undecided  I don't think we're supposed to get snow in/near the city, are we?

Re: Good morning.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  I know there was a dusting in NE Philly.  No snow by me though.  I'm sick :(  I'm hoping it's just a cold and not a sinus infection.  I thought I was just sniffly because I was crying yesterday (won't get into that now) but it's worse today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

morning!

no snow in jersey.  thank goodness. 

i just got bought a new jetta, does anyone know how they are in the snow?

October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had snow at my house, but not at work. I live like 3.5 miles from work. Funny right?
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No snow in Delco.

I have a facial and a massage this afternoon. Can't wait!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had a dusting of snow, and then driving into work I didn't really notice the change from some snow to none. My car was covered though. Thank goodness for defrosters b/c I can't seem to find the brush/ice scraper combo in my car.

So glad it's Wednesday.

*~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning all! We have some flurries blowing around here, but nothing worthwhile. I am in a decent mood because today is my 4:00 day :)

BP - This one's for you! :) Yea, that's a lot of cookies...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning everyone.

DH is sick.  He's got a dry cough, but I am more worried about the wheezing.  Of course, if we had the health insurance that we were supposed to have on October 1 (then Nov 1, then Thanksgiving, then Dec 1, now Jan 1...I'll believe it when I see it), he would be able to go to the doctor.  I think I am still going to urge him to go to Urgent Care- I guess FIL told him last night that if it's that bad and he has to go, he will pay for it.

Other than that, I was supposed to bake cookies with my grandma today, but I may have to postpone that to tomorrow depending on how DH is today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And Madam, your cookies remind me of those supersoft crumbly cookies with icing from the grocery store...the Lighthouse  (or is it Lofthouse...I can't remember) ones.  OMG I can eat a whole thing of those...
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning!

No snow in MD.

I got my follow up last night.  Had to use a nebulizer (breathed in the medicine into my lungs) which really helped.  I slept better last night then I have in a week.  I feel like FI and I are in a fight since I've been sleeping on the couch so I can be sitting up a bit.  If I lay down it's instant coughing attack, so FI tucks me in and kisses me goodnight at night.  I have to go back in tomorrow and the doctor said I should be 60-70% better and 100% by Christmas!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MBR - I know which ones you mean - they are really good! But mine are better ;P

mana- Feel better!! Did you rent Inception??
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Madam - Yum

We had a dusting, nothing big. There is still snow on the ground here though, work too. Sun will melt it soon enough.

I'm EXAUSTED. Went into the city last night see White Christmas and didn't get home until midnight. Yawn!!
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Madam A - not yet... I ended up watching Leap Year yesterday.  It was ok.  I might watch Inception tonight with FI and click flicks I know he doesn't want to watch when I'm alone during the day.
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-168?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:f0a4655c-ad18-479b-8f71-a4cd7e60a82ePost:f5c4f7ed-4df2-4407-8137-c6b6ce4aa0ec">Re: Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Madam A - not yet... I ended up watching Leap Year yesterday.  It was ok.  <strong>I might watch Inception tonight with FI and click flicks I know he doesn't want to watch when I'm alone during the day.
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]
    </strong>
    I hear that. Yea, save Inception for watching with FI. He'll like it too!
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BP-  how was it?? I'm seeing that on Sunday with MIL and SIL....
    and I'll be echoing your comment on Monday bc ours is a later show too so I won't be home till late :-P

Madam- YUM!! I am so excited for your ricotta cookies :)
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jess - Thanks! I am really happy with them. It was my first time making them alone and they turned out really good (homemade buttercream icing too). My only gripe is that I didn't use more red food coloring in the icing (my red cookies are more pink)....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jess- It was really cute! I liked it a lot. Do you like musicals? If you like them, you should like this. It's a mix between play/musical.
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There was no snow in Norristown.  I'm going home to Pittsburgh this weekend and they have several inches of snow. 

I'm starting to think I am bad luck.  My one bridesmaid's father passed away in September and now my other bridesmaid's mom passed away the other day.  At least this time it wasn't unexpected and her mom is no longer suffering.  My parents were nice enough to get my FI and I plane tickets home.  I guess they felt bad because we had already planned to drive back next Wednesday for Christmas.  That will save us 10 hours in the car this weekend. 

On a brighter note, I will back back in time for the GTG on Sunday.  It will be nice to meet some of you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    I want cookies now!
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning all.  No snow in Blue Bell or North Philly...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    BP, I am so jealous!  I wanted to go see White Christmas sooo badly.  White Christmas and Holiday Inn are my favorite Christmas movies.

So on a random note, everytime I look at your signature, I focus in on the "I can't wait to eat all of your cookies" and the milkshake line from There Will Be Blood pops into my head.  I have this image of crazy BP yelling "I EAT YOUR COOKIES!  I EAT THEM ALL UP!!!"

That's all.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MadamA - I never got the jewelry package :(  I'm keeping an eye out though.  Do you know who it was shipped through?  I heard USPS is really backed up.

In other news, my mom sent H and I a cake around Thanksgiving that we had kept in the freezer.  We just thawed it out, and went to have some last night.  I stupidly checked the nutrition info and saw that a single slice (which is pretty big IMO) is 770 calories!  OMG that's like a whole meal plus some for me.  Needless to say, we both had mini baby slices.  It was some raspberry trifle something or other that she purchased.
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    Morning all!  I am excited, because it is my Thursday!  I am taking off on Friday to have blinds installed in the master and spare bedrooms.  I am super excited, as I have had non-function blinds for over a year!

I am also thinking of heading out to the Coach outlet.  I have a 30% off coupon!  I think I may get some bridesmaids gifts there if the prices are good...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Ev- where is there a Coach Outlet around here?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BP- oh good! yea I do like musicals.  And anything Christmas related is good in my book ;)
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-168?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:f0a4655c-ad18-479b-8f71-a4cd7e60a82ePost:7d90909a-8172-4b4e-bfb6-f2fbfa65704b">Re: Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]BP, I am so jealous!  I wanted to go see White Christmas sooo badly.  White Christmas and Holiday Inn are my favorite Christmas movies. So on a random note, everytime I look at your signature, I focus in on the "I can't wait to eat all of your cookies" and the milkshake line from There Will Be Blood pops into my head.  I have this image of crazy BP yelling "I EAT YOUR COOKIES!  I EAT THEM ALL UP!!!" That's all.
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA i MAY DO THIS at the GTG!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hil - I just tracked it and it should be delivered today (via FedEx) 

:)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!
    We had the inspection on the house yesterday. Everything looked good, but we will get the final report sometime today that has the results of the radon.
    I also baked all the choc. chip cookies last night for the gtg. There are about 80, think that will be enough?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-168?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:f0a4655c-ad18-479b-8f71-a4cd7e60a82ePost:bc8d738e-34db-4b4b-beff-589e7e26142a">Re: Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hil - I just tracked it and it should be delivered today (via FedEx)  :)
    Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning all!

All of your cookies look so yummy! I'm sad I'm going to miss out on the gtg :-(

I woke up at 530 and 630 this morning because I was having a wedding nightmare. They are always the same. I'm not ready, I end up doing my hair/makeup myself because I run out of time. It's a mess.Then I wake up earlier feeling stressed. ::Sigh::

Funny thing though is when I was telling FI this morning he said he had the same dream last week. It's good to know he cares about the wedding that much to have nightmares haha :-)
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards