Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

WWYD

So I got an invitation to go to DH's cousin's bridal shower and of course it's on a weekend I don't have any plans. I don't want to go but DH says I should be a bigger person and go.

The reason why I don't want to go is because not only did she not go to my shower but she never had the courtesy to RSVP. DH called and txted multiple times and nothing. She and her fiance both didn't come to out bach parties because they had a "meeting" for the at-home business (which we didn't find out that was the reason until after the wedding...neither one RSVP'ed for that either). This at-home business this is always at your convenience kind of thing (I know because DH and I tried it) so I think it's really sh!tty that they didn't come to those events since we only have one of them in our lives.

So with that said, I don't want to go and be the bigger person because I know that if I do go, it won't even occur to her that I'm being the bigger person or that it was nice of me to come since she didn't come to mine.  So wwyd?

Re: WWYD

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In my completely biased opinion, I say don't go.  Just RSVP no, and if they ask why you can't come, just say you're busy.  Don't fabricate some big lie.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Hil

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with MH.  I wouldn't go.  Just RSVP no.  You don't have to explain yourself.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any interest in going otherwise (these particular feelings aside)? Like to see other members of DH's family, etc?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your relationship like? She may have just invited you to hers because she was invited to yours. If I'm not close to her/don't like her for other reasons I wouldn't feel bad declining. But if we otherwise had a good relationship and I would definitely go if she wasn't so shady about not going to mine, I wouldn't hold the grudge against her and I'd go.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would just reply no. No lies or story. Just say no..
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    madam - I have no interest in going bc I see DH's family all the time

thanks guys for your opinions
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards