Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Photography Vent

Although my opinion remains the same, out of respect for the unmentioned company, I have deleted my post.

Mrs. JEGs
est 7.17.10
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
Hunter Fillmore
October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress

Re: Photography Vent

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh... although it doesn't look bad.... I can completely understand. I really hope you'll be telling them that you'd better be receiving another one...
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG what idiots! :( Sorry girlie  They will get it right someday...
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's frustrating.  Hopefully your album gets fixed and printed soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow, what a-holes. i hope they fix it asap for you
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you sent them a long, strongly worded e-mail yet?  I have found those to be extremely effective, at least with photographer of the usually-awesome-but-sometimes-spread-too-thin variety.
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_photography-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:f60a89f1-6754-4dc2-af27-9b657c48cb0aPost:807f661d-6fb7-43ca-8207-8d6577ae3d17">Photography Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE] What was their best idea? turn the silos BLUE.
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

OMG. I kinda laughed at this. What were they thinking?!?!?!

I'd go the strongly worded email route. Very strongly. A possibly a phone call to express my frustration. And maybe turning up to their office to paint over all of the pictures that feature the color white with the color blue. But that's just how I roll.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

lol at LadyJ. I love it.

If you decide to do this, Amer, we'll come with you.

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ugh. that sucks

have they given you any money back or anything since you're so unhappy??
    and I second the strongly worded email idea.
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go all American on their ass!  

Also I think you should write up something and then add it into posts when people ask about photog and don't want to spend money, ie they don't see the point etc.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    >>
    Also I think you should write up something and then add it into posts when people ask about photog and don't want to spend money, ie they don't see the point etc.<<

NVC, you are 100% right.  I am a PRIME example of spending a little extra could get you so much better.  Trust me.  Every. damn. day. I wish I had just gotten Mike Landis.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :-( I think your pictures are pretty.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your pictures are pretty, but this album nonsense is just plain stupid.    If they don't get it the way you want after one more redo, after ALL the trouble they've caused you to date I would be asking for a refund in the amount it'll cost you to get a NEW album made by a better company.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think your pictures are pretty too. I think you just need to stay on top of them to make sure you are happy with the album. Sorry you're having trouble!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Although my opinion remains the same, out of respect for the unmentioned company, I have deleted my post.

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh Amer I am so sorry you are having a horrible time... I cannot believe they turned the beautiful silos BLUE!!! Ha... Guess they were being "creative"..... My suggestion would be to write specially what you want. Can you meet in person and do it? That way when they change it, you can see then if you like it or hate it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what to say, Amer, except I am so sorry you have had to deal with all of this. 

I agree that your pics are pretty. 

I also agree that they were idiots for turning those pretty silos blue...those were one of the most interesting elements in your photos!  Who else has silos in their photos?!

I hope it gets resolved really soon.  I think if you can really come down hard and try to get that CD before ordering an album, that would be your best bet.  Did you already pay for an album, or are you paying for one and then they give you the CD?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amer- Just saw this and though it might help you a little.... although not with your photographer.

Denver Groupon today, $35 for $100 credit

http://www.groupon.com/r/uu306450 

(cannot be used with other Picaboo promos). 

This way, at least you could put in the cute picture of your fg & the bugs on your train...
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks peppericka :)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amer - We should chit chat next time you're arund on Gchat about album options. I have a few suggestions if you wind up needing to make your own...which hopefully you won't.

This is mostly unrelated, but it does show the power of a strongly worded e-mail and what you should be able to expect in terms of recomense for your furstrations.

Most of you know that I love and adore Doug, who photographed our wedding.  Except for getting us on the roof (which he so would have done had either of us known this was possible), I'm really happy with my photos.  '09 was a really crazy year for Doug business-wise, though, and he spread himself a bit too thin which led to a few bad decisions on his part that affected some of his brides (ie me).  Mostly this was really minor stuff that my type-A self completely had a grip on and that ultimately caused no issues - he accidentally sent us only the first dsic of my wedding photos and had to re-send the rest, he forgot that we had ordered and paid for an upgraded # of pages in our album. 

He did make one HUGE misstep in designing our album, though.  In his booking too many weddings in 2009, he outsourced things like album creations to some of his second shooters.  For our album, he did this (not really a problem), but forgot to send along our list of requested photos.  This second shooter, for some bizarre reason, interreted the lack of a list as us not caring what photos when into the album, and proceeded to design an album which had ten too few pages of photos that were not the ones we had painstakingly selected. 

And then I wrote a strongly worded e-mail.

And then Doug came groveling back to me on his knees, thanking me for all the business I brought him through the Knot, admitteding he had been kind f a sucky businessman this past year, and telling me that I deserved way more than I got hom him post-wedding.  So he gave me an album upgrade that was worth $400.  For free.

And thus my wedding album story has a happy ending and I got an awesome huge flush-mount wedding album with all the pictures I wanted.  And I have proceeded to heartily recommend Doug because he completely made up for and and all of his boo-boos. Stand your ground, Amer.
  • Options
    SuckitbeotchSuckitbeotch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be careful what you say. I doubt your bitching will make them want to fix the problems especially since this post is now on their facebook page
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards