• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
December 2010 Weddings

Just got engaged!

It happened 1 week ago, although i knew I wanted my wedding on 12-11-10 for a year. haha.  I have pretty much everything already picked out.  Lets just say I was ready.

My fiance didnt know that though...Im nervous that many people are doing this because of funny numbers in the date.....but I just picked it becauise  I am a teacher and want to go on my honeymoon the week before Xmas break starts. Do you think us ladies will still be able to bargain with vendors?? I sure hope so, my fiance is a real Italian bargainer!! haha.  I want my wedding to be right out of the 1920s.  I cant wait.

Jenny                              

Re: Just got engaged!

• Congrats! There are alot of us ladies with the same date! I was one that picked it because of the cute order! I don't know about the deals though, you think you  could get good deals because it is the off wedding season but because of the holiday parties and the holidays in general you can run in to a few  problems! but Happy Planning!
    Philip && Tinya 12.11.10
  • Hi and congrats on your engagement. I am also a 12.11.10 bride. I picked the date because I'm in grad school and would be on winter break and wanted to honeymoon before Christmas. It wasn't until after the fact the I realized the number order but I must admit I think it's cute. My advice is find a venue fast as pp stated you'll probably have to compete with holiday parties. I am doing a Christmas theme and have really gotten good deals on decorations at after christmas sales. I love the fact that my venue is dcorated for chrstmas and that helps with my budget because I can use a lot of their stuff. Best of luck with planning...I look forward to talking with you.
  • Congrats!

My advice is to put together your budget and then get yourself contracted with a venue asap.  With a December 12th wedding, most of the venues in town were booked for holiday parties very early in the year.  Luckily, we still managed to get our preferred venue.
  • I'm also getting married 12.11.10.  I've had the date pretty much picked out for a while, got engaged on 12.19.09.  We've decided to have both the ceremony and reception at the church.  I'm very excited about the planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards