• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
December 2010 Weddings

Flowers

Had final meeting with the florist tonight. I have to say this is the thing about our wedding that I feel the most not in control of. Yes I got to pick the flowers etc but until the product is given to us on our wedding day i have no idea exactly how it will be because i didn't like any of the "stock" bouquets in the book which I'm sure most people don't. Our florist is also a long time family friend and has been in the buisness for many years so I trust him it's just slightly stressful!
200 Celebrating with us image
>
December 2010 Siggy Challange 11/15-11/21: engagement ring. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Days until I become Mrs. C

Re: Flowers

• I have my florist meeting at the hotel on Monday.  Getting in touch with her is like finding the Ark of the Covenant!  She doesn't even have email.  She's a little crazy, but I need crazy for what I want pulled off in the ballroom.  I hope she shows up...

Yes, I too do not feel in control of this aspect either.  Stress mounting in 5, 4, 3, 2, ....1!!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Should we just name November stress-vember lol
    >
    December 2010 Siggy Challange 11/15-11/21: engagement ring. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Agreed. Stressvember!

I feel okay about the florist because I grilled him for literally hours, and looked at tons of his past work, and made him describe and show me exactly what he would do. We spoke for a long time, until I left comfortable with him and his work. I think it's going to be great though. We worked well together. And honestly, I am going minimal on the flowers, and also I am making my own centerpieces, so I do have the control really!
  • lol, Portia, my florist is the hardest to get a hold of, also!

I'm also a little worried about it, because of not knowing how the flowers will turn out.  My bouquet is going to be cascading, and I said I don't really want greens in it.  Ahhh I don't know, I just hope it looks good!
    *12.31.10*New Year's Eve!*
    *BFP 1.3.13* IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • I did silk flowers for my bouqets/corsages/ and bouttoneire's and my florist made them ahead of time and I made any changes that I wanted. I picked them up 2 weeks ago and they're at my house ready for the wedding. I am so happy with how they turned out and I'm so glad that I won't have to spend the money to preserve my bouqet. Plus my florist was super affordable and an amazing florist. 

My centerpieces will be real and I have a graduate student at my college doing them. She is the teacher for the floral design class. She is putting them together and delivering them for $5 a piece. 
  • i did silk flowers also, the lady making them lives no where near me but is emailing me pictures as she makes them, they should be here in a few weeks. and im making my center pieces, everyone likes the idea i have for them. Im one of those girls that likes everything done way in advance, im more comfortable having everything in hand before the big day, thats why real flowers wouldnt have worked for me, id be 3 times as stressed :-/
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Daydreamer i'm usually like that and that's why i think this is bothering me so much. But I realize I tell my clients everyday you can't control everything so maybe I should take my own advice. We did talk extensively about what I did want and didn't want psu i'm with you I wanted very little greenery and absolutly no ferns so I made that abudantly clear today. I think he got the message. He really is a great guy.
    >
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards