• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
December 2010 Weddings

Seating Chart

Are any of you ladies doing a seating chart poster?  If so, is this a DIY project or are you ordering one from somewhere?  I am attempting to do one on my own but am so nervous about how it will turn out!
80 Ready to party! image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Seating Chart

• ooooh! Very cool!
    [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/rumf5d.jpg[/IMG]

No matter where I roam, I'll always be a California Girl at heart!
  • Are you talking about to hang up in your venue? If so, then I can't help you other than to say that there are bunch of people on etsy that make them. From what I've been told, they are gorgeous.

I'm making one just to help me plan though. I have a huge poster board and some post-it notes lol. Then I'm going to put it all in my Keynote (it's like powerpoint for Macs) and give it to my DOC so she can put out the place card holders.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • I'm making one on Zazzle.  They have an option to create your own item from scratch, so I'm using the posted option and have a nice frame to put it in.  This is something for the venue.  We'll have it displayed during cocktail hour for people to find their tables.  I'm just a little nervous cause we first have to have our final count/guest list to complete it and I'm crossing my fingers I like how it turns out when we receive it. : )
    80 Ready to party! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going to have a poster with table names, and the guests for each table listed below.  Then we'll have name cards at their places.   I'm not sure if that's what you mean??? We aren't having a diagram.
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • That's exactly what I mean misslol! : )
    80 Ready to party! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • okay, I'm getting mine part done and part DIY.  The girl who made our awesome invites will be printing our place cards and also the table lists (I don't think we'll have late changes, but in case we do I'll get her to spread the names out so theres space to cut each one).

I'm thinking we might buy a pinboard and a sarong or cheap fabric when we get to Hawaii to cover the board, then pin or glue our pre-printed table charts onto that.

We ordered cute pearly shell placecard holders from the knot for the table settings too :)
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • Oh I don't think I have heard of this before.  That sounds cool.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was going to do this, but then I opted to just make individual cards telling each person which table they're at, and letting them pick which chairs they sit in. I don't have the time to obsess over a diagram :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hmm this post made me think, b/c I forgot all about having something there to tell the guests what table they're at, duhhhh!  I have cute little ornaments that are placecard holders, but now I don't know if I should have them set on a table for people to pick up and go to their assigned table, or put them at each place setting (which is what I wanted to do) and have something up front pointing them to their table with their placecard holder.  I don't care if they move seats at the same table, I just thought it'd be cute to have one sitting at each place.  Hmmmmmmm!!!  If I go that route, whatever I have I'm sure will be DIY in order to save money.

mwitter - omg that looks so hard! lol - I don't know how to use excel.  I think I'm gonna pencil and paper mine! or dry erase board....

*12.31.10*New Year's Eve!*
    *BFP 1.3.13* IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards