• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
December 2010 Weddings

Need Help...

Okay ladies, so we are doing an iPod reception...

Now I think that I am regretting it, because I am STUMPED on making a playlist! I LOVE music, and for some reason this is that HARDEST thing that I have done thus far... We enjoy all types of music... so I guess this goes long with the DNP list... But if you can give me a few songs off of your playlist, that would help me out sooo much, and would at least jump start my BLANK piece of paper! LOL TIA

Everyday is a miracle. Anniversary

Re: Need Help...

• My must play list includes:
    Red Hot Chili Peppers' Hard to Concentrate
    Mary J Blige & Method Man's I'll be There for You/You're All I Need
    Jason Mraz's I'm Yours
    Bruce Sprinsteen's Jersey Girl (I do live in Jersey, though)
    INXS' Never Tear Us Apart
    Fatboy Slim's Praise You
    Michael Jackson's The Way You Make Me Feel
    Joe Cocker's With a Little Help from My Friends
    Plain White T's' 1,2,3,4

Just to name a few... :)
  • You can't go wrong with Jazz (Sinatra, Armstrong, Fitzgerald, Dean Martin) Motown, Disco, Madonna and Michael Jackson.  Very universal songs, that every generation likes (from the 1940s to 1990s).

I love hip hop, but it won't be at our wedding because we have a lot of older people coming, not just our friends.  Sprinkle in some current stuff from Lady Gaga or Beyonce, but I'm staying with the classics, because well, they're classic!

Hope this helps. 

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have to have Enrique Iglesias's "Pitbull", and I really want Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and "The Way You Make Me Feel".  Oh, and I really want "Sweet Home Alabama".
  • Go to the ask the vendors board on wedding channel. Post your question to a DJ, and they will probably be able to point you in the right direction once you give them some information about your guests.

HTH!
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • 118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Hmmm, I think the only DNP's are like, headbanging songs and stuff.  I'm basically letting the DJ play whatever he wants, since it'll be a NYE party.  There will be everything from oldies to country, pop to rap.

We are letting people make requests, but I think we're going to dedicate some songs to certain people (b/c it will be funny and they're not expecting it).  For FI's stepmom, we're going to dedicate "Low - Flo Rida" because her name (nickname) is Lo, and it was pretty much her theme song - she showed me that song, lol.

For my mom, "Three Little Birds - Bob Marley"  b/c she loves that song and it makes her feel like she's at the beach.

For my dad, "Mambo #5 - Lou Bega" b/c that's one of his favorites.  He'll probably start singing once it comes on, lol.

I also like "Right Round - Flo Rida" as a good party song. 
    *12.31.10*New Year's Eve!*
    *BFP 1.3.13* IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards