North Carolina-Outer Banks

Rant/warning

Hey girls,Just wanted to post a little frustration.  I booked my ceremony for our wedding at the Whalehead Club for Sept. 18th, back in October '08. Just this week I've come to found out that another wedding has been booked for the Whalehead Club that same day. And not only the same day, but practically the same time. My ceremony starts at 5PM and the other wedding starts at 6PM. When we booked the Whalehead Club, we specifically asked if other weddings would be booked the same day. I was told that if another bride requested that same day, that I would be called first to discuss it. There was no call.Now in all fairness, the promise of a call was made to me by the Whalehead Club's previous Wedding Coordinator, who has since been removed from that position. And the new Wedding Coordinator and her supervisor have been helpful in trying to ensure that things are going to go smoothly and there wont be vendors setting up during the middle of my ceremony, or guests arriving at the wrong wedding (my two biggest concerns). And I definitely appreciate their help, but seriously, this is not a stress I needed exactly one month before my wedding.So maybe the moral of the story is: GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING. I know they say that all the time, but in this case it could have saved me some frustration.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards