North Carolina-Outer Banks

Let's Introduce Ourselves

I'm stealing this idea from the DW Board, but since we have some new brides here I thought it would be fun...

You/Your Fiance's Name: Sarah & Doug
Wedding Date: 10-9-11 @ 5pm
How Did You Meet: We met in a bar on a random Thursday night lol
Proposal Story: He proposed on the beach in FL on my bday
Weddding Location: Beach in Kill Devil Hills
Reception Location: The Pearl
Why You Chose OBX: Love the weather, love the people, and we took our first trip together there on our 1st anniv.
Favorite Place in OBX: Pea Island Wildlife Refuge
Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: Seeing him in a suit for the first time EVER
Describe Your Dress: It's strapless, sweetheart, simple mermaid type silhouette, with pleated layers of organza fabric and a short train.
What Accessories Are You Wearing: My veil was made by my Grandma for my Mom's wedding. And my jewelry was made by a close friend- it has pearl & silver details. Not sure on the shoes yet, still looking.
How Many BMs/GMs: 2 of each
What Are They Wearing: BMs are wearing purple v-necked flowy short dresses w sash at the waist. GM are wearing khaki pants with Green button-up Tommy Bahama shirts
Honeymoon: A week in Nags Head at rental cottage!!! Can't wait.
What Makes Your Wedding Unique: A few things. It's at the beach for starters. We are going to include a tribute to my Fi's late cousin, who he was very close with. We also are playing a slideshow/dvd during cocktail hour.
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Let's Introduce Ourselves

• lindsy310lindsy310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You/Your Fiance's Name: Lindsy & Frank
    Wedding Date: September 2012
    How Did You Meet: Through our roommates in college (my roommate dated his)
    Proposal Story: @font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }He proposed in the gardens at a restaurant along the Chattahoochee river in GA
    Weddding Location: On the beach in front of our rental home (where ever that may be)
    Reception Location: Outdoors at the rental home we choose
    Why You Chose OBX: His family used to vacation on OBX every summer and we took a trip to celebrate college graduation and I loved it!
    Favorite Place in OBX: I've only been twice and never left the beach :)
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: celebrating with both our families under one roof (he's from the midwest, I'm from new england and our families have never met)
    Describe Your Dress: I havent picked one yet but I'm loving anything with lace right now
    What Accessories Are You Wearing: All I have decided on is colorful shoes to match wedding colors
    How Many BMs/GMs: 3-6 each
    What Are They Wearing: BM are wearing navy blue with yellow flowers- GM no idea
    Honeymoon: Looking at St. Lucia right now
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique: I never thought I'd get married on the beach, but thats what my fiance wants so my plan is to have a non-beachy, beach wedding. I'd like it to have more of a romantic garden wedding feel. 
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Sarah....you are in my head again b/c I was just thinking we should do this on the obx board!  Yayyy :)

You/Your Fiance's Name: Charlene & Brent
    Wedding Date: 9/16/11 at 5pm
    How Did You Meet: I picked him up at Michael's in the framing dept., lol.  He is really artsy and had just moved here from Seattle and got a job there until something better came along....and it did :)  I reminisce sometimes when I go in there....lol
    Proposal Story: He proposed on Christmas morning while it was snowing and the ring was on our dog's collar....I almost fell off the sofa
    Wedding Location: Beach ceremony in S. Nags Head
    Reception Location: 108 Budleigh in Manteo
    Why You Chose OBX: My dad started taking my sister and I for summer trips when we were kids and I think this is going to be our 23rd year down there....I couldn't imagine getting married anyplace else 
    Favorite Place in OBX: In my chair on the beach with a book or Sam & Omie's.....memories of my Grandpa are there :)
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: The moment we see each other for the 1st time and having ALL of my family together in 1 room for the first time in my entire life....I may cry now :)
    Your Dress: Strapless with sweetheart neckline with all over lace and beading...the train is just all lace, meaning the train is not attached to the underparts of the dress so when I walk, you will be able to look through the lace of the train if that makes ANY sense at all?  Probably not though, lol
    What Accessories Are You Wearing:  A very old necklace of my Grandmother's that my mom is re-beading for me....not sure about veil or no veil or earrings, etc. but my shoes are my something Blue ;)
    How Many BMs/GMs: Ohhh dear Lord.....4 on each side.  I only wanted 2 on each side but FI got a tad carried away, lol
    What Are They Wearing: BM's are wearing strapless teal chiffon floor-length gowns and the boys will be in khaki linen pants with white shirts with sleeves rolled up
    Honeymoon: A week in Nags Head at rental cottage during the wedding week but taking an official HM in late Jan or early Feb of 2012
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique: Because I am the bride....no just kidding.  But seriously b/c of that lol and that I will have 4 families (my dad's, mom's, step-dad's and FI's sides of family) come together for the first time and THIS makes me very very excited!

• HStaffordHStafford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love this idea!!

You/Your Fiance's Name: Heather and Matt
    Wedding Date: 6-3-11 (ssssoooo soon!) 5:30 PM
    How Did You Meet: A friend organized a trip to NYC (we both live in Cincinnati) and we met on that trip
    Proposal Story: He totally surprised me by proposing at a restaurant right after we had been house shopping
    Weddding Location: Beach outside of Grand Bahamian Event Home (Pine Island)
    Reception Location: Grand Bahamian event home ( I LOVE LOVE LOVE this house!)
    Why You Chose OBX: Neither of us wanted to have it in our hometowns and figured it our families were going to have to travel, why not make a vacation out of it since we don't get to see them much! 
    Favorite Place in OBX: The Beach!!  (with a Corona in hand)
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: Seeing him as I walk down the aisle
    Describe Your Dress: It's strapless, straight across and very flowy with a short train and some beading across the chest
    What Accessories Are You Wearing: Veil, necklace, beautiful stackable rings from my mom (something blue), anklet from my grandma (something borrowed/old), and still searching for the right hair accessories/earrings
    How Many BMs/GMs: None, just us
    What Are They Wearing: FI is wearing a gray suit
    Honeymoon: Probably Kauai in December but nothing is planned yet
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique: As with everyone else on here, its at a beautiful location on the beach and we are doing more of a cocktail party theme with no assigned seating/buffets but rather lots of heavy hors d'oeuvres, mostly all seafood
  • edited December 2011
    You/Your Fiance's Name:  Chrissie & Steve
    Wedding Date: 10.11.11 at 5pm
    How Did You Meet:
    We met on St. Patrick's Day 2008, I was wasted in a bar.  He was a friend of my friends though, so I knew it was ok :-)
    Proposal Story:
    He just came home on a random Tuesday and asked me.  I thought he was working late, he was out buying a ring.  He couldn't wait, so he just asked as soon as he walked through the door.  Boy was I suprised!
    Weddding Location:
    On the beach in front of our beach house in Duck, NC
    Reception Location:
    Back at the beach house
    Why You Chose OBX: We wanted to get married on the beach, but somewhere that was close and affordable for family.  I couldn't imagine spending that special day without my family.  I honestly have never been to OBX, I've just heard great things.
    Favorite Place in OBX:
    I'll have to go with the beach
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: I can't wait to see his reaction when he sees me.  Yes, it's all about me!  And of course, saying "I do"
    Describe Your Dress: It's strapless, with a sweetheart top.  A nice little train, and it's got "3D" flowers all along the side and back of the dress.
    What Accessories Are You Wearing:  Still up in the air, I'm leaning towards earrings and a bracelet.  I also go a blue garter and a flower to wear in my hair.
    How Many BMs/GMs: 1 matron of honor, 1 best man.  simple and sweet.
    What Are They Wearing: My matron of honor has a short dress, one shouldered strap, malibu blue dress from David's Bridal.  Best man, unsure exactly yet.  Probably just khakis and a whitle button down shirt.
    Honeymoon: I'm trying to talk my fiance into a cruise to Bermuda.. we'll see how it goes.. :-)  Otherwise, he doesn't want to honeymoon because he wants to save money for a house.
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique: The fact that it will be small, simple, short, and sweet, spent with the people I care about most.  Also, my flowers are unique, I love them!
  • edited December 2011
    You/Your Fiance's Name: Kristin & Patrick
    Wedding Date: 7/1/2011 at 5:15 PM
    How Did You Meet: Sooner Ballroom Dance Club
    Proposal Story: We were hiking the Narrows in Zion National Park and paused to take a pictures by a waterfall. When I turned around after finding the camera in the bottom of the bag he was down on one knee.
    Weddding Location: The Chapel at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church (had started planning a beach wedding, but in the end the church made more sense for us)
    Reception Location: 108 Budleigh in Manteo
    Why You Chose OBX: I grew up going to the beaches of North Carolina and my family was going to have to travel no matter where we did it (MA/NC/OK) so why not the beach 
    Favorite Place in OBX: Also the beach (will be there with a book or starting a bocci ball tourney)
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: The dancing!
    Describe Your Dress: an ivory V-neck with rouching that gathers at the waist and makes me look incredibly skinny (Maggie Sottero)
    What Accessories Are You Wearing: I really don't know yet, I've still got a month to figure it out! Maybe flowers (by Cultivar on Etsy) in the hair or a veil...
    How Many BMs/GMs: 3 each
    What Are They Wearing: Currently working on this for the groomsmen... probably opting for gray/charcoal suits instead of tuxes... The ladies are all wearing jcrew dresses of their own choosing in matisse blue.
    Honeymoon: Paying the our wedding ourselves, so hoping to start saving for the HM this dec/jan -- going anywhere we can use our passports!
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique: I'm excited to mix the laid back atmosphere of the beach with the atmosphere of 108 Budleigh, drinks and some ballroom dancing 

{as University of Oklahoma graduates, our families can't believe our choices of Orange (Texas/OSU) and Blue for the colors instead of Sooner Red}
  • hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Loving reading these ladies!  It makes me miss wedding planning!

You/Your Fiance's Name: Laura and Dusty
    Wedding Date: 9.7.10
    How Did You Meet: We worked together and were friends for 4 years before we dated. 
    Proposal Story:  He proposed on our dating anniversary at a nice restaurant on the water in Annapolis
    Weddding Location:  The beach in front of our rental house
    Reception Location: Rental house
    Why You Chose OBX: My parents took me and my brother there every year from the time I was 4 on.  I have so many great memories and I took DH there the first summer we were together.  His family now goes down every year also.  Couldn't think of a better place to get hitched :)
    Favorite Place in OBX: Hatteras Village and the beach!
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: Well.. I couldn't wait to see him for the first time walking down the aisle.
    Describe Your Dress: Halter neck with sweetheart neckline.
    What Accessories Are You Wearing: I wore a tiara made our of sea glass and beads. I had earrings to match that. My Matron of Honor let me borrow her veil.  And hot pink sandals!

How Many BMs/GMs: I had 4, he had 5.
    What Are They Wearing: The girls wore knee length watermelon dresses from DB.  They each picked out their own. Guys wore khaki pants and hawaiian shirt
    Honeymoon: We took a 16 day honeymoon.  Mostly cruised around Hawaii but also visited Seattle and San Diego.
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique: Just that most of our guests had never been to a beach/DW before, so it made it a new experience for all of them.
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    this is awesome! wish I had more "real" answers, but I've got time! here it is so far....
    You/Your Fiance's Name: Whitney & Anthony
    Wedding Date: 6.23.12
    How Did You Meet: Met at a bar, a mutual friend invited him out after he moved into town (Raleigh, NC). She had the idea of hooking us up ever since he moved near me! We met & didn't stop talking the entire night.
    Proposal Story: He proposed the Saturday before Easter a few weeks ago. We were out running errands and when I came back he put me on a scavenger hunt through the house (I thought it was some lame Easter egg hunt & made fun of it the whole time). The last clue ended up telling me to look in a photo album of us & in the back in an empty pic slot was my ring!
    Weddding Location:  in a Church somewhere at OBX
    Reception Location: undecided...looking this weekend!
    Why You Chose OBX: My family's been vacationing there my whole life, so we have a ton of memories there. I took him there last summer and he fell in love with it. He immediately started talking about an OBX wedding waaaay before we were engaged.
    Favorite Place in OBX: Jockey's Ridge (at the top, where you run down!)
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: saying "I Do" to my best friend....and having everyone we love together for the first time! Can't wait!!
    Describe Your Dress: who knows :-P I'm not into bling, lace, etc., definitely will be something with more of an understated elegance.
    What Accessories Are You Wearing: ?? definitely a veil, some fun colorful shoes
     How Many BMs/GMs: 6 each...wayyyy to many, but you only get married once! 
    What Are They Wearing: not sure, but right now I'm into Coral as a dress color with yellow/white flowers maybe...guys, probably a suit.
    Honeymoon: ahhh idk! I can't WAIT to figure this one out!!! He wants Hawaii, I could really care less. Just need a beach, him, and a drink in my hand.
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique:  It'll be a wedding at the beach, but not a beach wedding - nothing outdoors/beachy. Also, my MOH's mom was my pastor for 17 yrs (she baptized me), so she'll be officiating, which is so special. And my brother, who is a musican in Philly, will be playing with his band during some of it! We can't wait!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kolaughlin23kolaughlin23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You/Your Fiance's Name: Katie and Colin
    Wedding Date: 5/25/11@ 6pm
    How Did You Meet: Through a mutual friends
    Weddding Location: Beach in Nags Head
    Reception Location: Outside our rental home
    Why You Chose OBX: Love it there and liked the option of paying for a giant house so no one would have to pay for hotels 
    Favorite Place in OBX: Anywhere on the beach 
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: Walking down the isle and seeing eachother 
    Describe Your Dress: Its strapless, sweetheart neckline, lots of beading, tea length in front that goes to long in back. 
    What Accessories Are You Wearing: sparkly drop earings that match beading on my dress, maybe something like a flower in my hair, no shoes
    How Many BMs/GMs: 1 each  
    What Are They Wearing: MOH- blue dress, BM- white button up, khaki shorts 
    Honeymoon: Jamaica next year 
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique: Just that it is so casual and everyone will be staying in 2 rental homes we rented right next to eachother for the whole week..... and its on a Weds!
  • mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chrissie, our stories are similar.

You/Your Fiance's Name: Maria & Francois
    Wedding Date: 8-14-11 @ 6pm
    How Did You Meet: Hard for me to believe, but online
    Proposal Story: Going to keep this one secret
    Weddding Location: Duck on the beach
    Reception Location: The beach house
    Why You Chose OBX: I always dreamed and imagined I'd get married on an island.  I really wanted to do Bora Bora, but French Polynesia makes it a little difficult with the marriage laws.  Doable though.  Ideally, I would have chartered a plane to bring all of my close friends and family.  Financially, not happening.  And it would probably end up being just us and maybe a person, or two.  Then I considered Spain (I have lots of family there.) or the Caribbean.  I would get more people there, but still exclude lots and would have family spending lots on airfare, etc.  I was brainstorming with my sister and she suggested OBX.  I've been there once with her family and really liked it.  They've gone down several times.  This was the compromise.  I get a beach wedding and it's a much easier trek for my family in the NE, his family in Canada, and friends in Chicago and Denver.  And there's even going to be a few cousins from Spain coming. Of course, this is all my doing because FI suggested Vegas.  I am SO not Vegas.
    Favorite Place in OBX: The beach
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: My family all in one place.
    Describe Your Dress: Maggie Sottero Rhianna Royale.  I was really attracted to dresses with lots of texture.  Lots of 3D flowers, a little lace and irridescent sequins that sparkle in the sunlight and a bit of a train.  Even though it's on the beach, I didn't want a sundress on steroids.  It's the only time I'm getting married and wanted it still to be special. Still fits in the outdoors, yet a little formal.
    http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=rhianna&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=S5094HP
    What Accessories Are You Wearing: Flowers in my hair, probably a little bit of a flowy veil.  Sparkly Enzo shoes I found with blue satin bows that I'll attach.  Will have to think about the jewelry.  I have lots from having worked in the jewelry industry years ago, but don't want to overdo it.  Maybe just earrings.
    How Many BMs/GMs: MOH is my sister, and my best friend. BM is his best friend.  I have more FGs and RBs in my wedding than BMs.  I wanted everyone to participate and have fun.  There will be lots of kids.
    What Are They Wearing: MOH is wearing a light blue dress with petals all over it that she picked out.  FI and BM decided on tuxes.  Cornflower blue vest and tie for BM.  Gold for FI.  I wanted to see him look really nice with at least a suit for this day, and he picked the tux.
    Honeymoon: We're staying the week, but that's just vacation, not a honeymoon.  Probably some beach or island some time in February when the weather's crappy and it's the dead of winter..
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique: My biggest dream was to create an awesome memory for everyone.  This may be the only time I get all of my family together on vacation.  Not to mention FI's family meeting mine.  Dad's getting older, FI's dad is getting older, everyone has separate lives.  We are getting people to come from all over the US, Canada and Spain.  The followinng day I arranged for a family photo shoot at the beach.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_lets-introduce-ourselves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:85706564-1959-48cd-8b4e-c5de4f6c6d11Post:a2109fec-b73b-4620-9905-74f36aba8dc4">Re: Let's Introduce Ourselves</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarah....you are in my head again b/c I was just thinking we should do this on the obx board!  Yayyy :) You/Your Fiance's Name: Charlene & Brent Wedding Date: 9/16/11 at 5pm How Did You Meet: I picked him up at Michael's in the framing dept., lol.  He is really artsy and had just moved here from Seattle and got a job there until something better came along....and it did :)  I reminisce sometimes when I go in there....lol Proposal Story: He proposed on Christmas morning while it was snowing and the ring was on our dog's collar....I almost fell off the sofa Wedding Location: Beach ceremony in S. Nags Head Reception Location: 108 Budleigh in Manteo Why You Chose OBX: My dad started taking my sister and I for summer trips when we were kids and I think this is going to be our 23rd year down there....I couldn't imagine getting married anyplace else   Favorite Place in OBX: In my chair on the beach with a book or Sam & Omie's.....memories of my Grandpa are there :) Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: The moment we see each other for the 1st time and having ALL of my family together in 1 room for the first time in my entire life....I may cry now :) Your Dress: Strapless with sweetheart neckline with all over lace and beading...the train is just all lace, <font color="#ff00ff">meaning the train is not attached to the underparts of the dress so when I walk</font>, you will be able to look through the lace of the train if that makes ANY sense at all?  Probably not though, lol What Accessories Are You Wearing:  A very old necklace of my Grandmother's that my mom is re-beading for me....not sure about veil or no veil or earrings, etc. but my shoes are my something Blue ;) How Many BMs/GMs: Ohhh dear Lord.....4 on each side.  I only wanted 2 on each side but FI got a tad carried away, lol What Are They Wearing: BM's are wearing strapless teal chiffon floor-length gowns and the boys will be in khaki linen pants with white shirts with sleeves rolled up Honeymoon: A week in Nags Head at rental cottage during the wedding week but taking an official HM in late Jan or early Feb of 2012 What Makes Your Wedding Unique: Because I am the bride....no just kidding.  But seriously b/c of that lol and that I will have 4 families (my dad's, mom's, step-dad's and FI's sides of family) come together for the first time and THIS makes me very very excited!
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

Charlene!
    I busted out laughing thinking I was reading that your train was attached to your underpants.  Then I reread it.
  • edited December 2011
    You/Your Fiance's Name: Kelsey & Sean
    Wedding Date: 09/20/11
    How Did You Meet:  High School sweethearts
    Proposal Story:  rented a suite at a Hershey Bears Hockey w. all our family present
    Weddding Location: Beach in Nags Head
    Reception Location: Event Home "Tequila Sunrise"
    Why You Chose OBX: Love the weather, love the people, love the beach
    Favorite Place in OBX: just being on the beach
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: himn seeing me in my dress for the first time and me seeing him and our son waiting for me
    Describe Your Dress: It's strapless, sweetheart, lace up back, small train, simple sequins on the hip
    What Accessories Are You Wearing: my veil, necklace/bracelet/earrings, NO SHOES.
    How Many BMs/GMs: 5 each
    What Are They Wearing: BMs wearing a short halter-ish dress, GMs khaki's w/ lime greenish button up shirt
    Honeymoon: spending the week in Nags Head. We have a 10 mo son at home,w ould have to take him with us anywhere. we are waiting for our 1 yr anniv to go away
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique: its at the beach, lots of DIY(STD, Programs, Invites, Decor, Flowers, some food), slideshow during the reception
  • llilleyllilley member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You/Your Fiance's Name: Lauren & Dan
    Wedding Date: May 25, 2012
    How Did You Meet:  We studied abroad in Perth, Australia together--we went to the same college, but had to go halfway around the world to meet!  One of our very first official dates was to the beach.
    Proposal Story:  He proposed on the beach in the Bahamas while we were on a cruise last Thanksgiving.
    Weddding Location: Beach near event home in Corolla
    Reception Location: Gertrude's Breakaway event home in Corolla
    Why You Chose OBX: The beach has been a big part of our relationship.  My family is mostly in NM and his family is mostly in MN, so we chose neutral territory. We're currently living in Durham.
    Favorite Place in OBX: I've only been there a few times, but I love the beach!
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: Getting married!  And having every one I love in one place!
    Describe Your Dress: Haven't bought it yet, but I have been drawn to all over lace with a little beading.
    What Accessories Are You Wearing: Probably just a flower in my hair.
    How Many BMs/GMs: 1/1
    What Are They Wearing: I really want my sister to wear a silver dress (our colors are bright colors and silver)
    Honeymoon: We're leaning towards Costa Rica, but it might not be right after our wedding because two of my best friends are getting married next summer, too!  That's a lot of vacay time.
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique: Well, my family is pretty crazy.  And we're DIYing most everything.
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_lets-introduce-ourselves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:85706564-1959-48cd-8b4e-c5de4f6c6d11Post:fa4b4dc2-4237-4403-8683-77c7d8c3177f">Re: Let's Introduce Ourselves</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Introduce Ourselves : Charlene! I busted out laughing thinking I was reading that your train was attached to your underpants.  Then I reread it.
    Posted by mparwulski[/QUOTE]

But that's what I really meant to say.....it IS attached to my underpants!!  j/k

lmao.....like seriously I am dying over here!

I totally needed that this morning...been a rough one so thank for the laugh!

• meerapatel25meerapatel25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You/Your Fiance's Name: Meera & Milan
    Wedding Date:
    6-3-11 at 6pm
    How Did You Meet: We meet out at a bar/grill in Raleigh, NC
    Proposal Story:  He proposed to me at a weekend vacation at Biltmore Estate.
    Weddding Location: Kitty Hawk
    Reception Location: Kitty Hawk Pier House
    Why You Chose OBX: I love the beach!  I lived in Wilmington for 5 years and wanted to have it at a beach I've never been to!  The Outer Banks seemed like the perfect choice!
    Favorite Place in OBX: I'm hoping we will find a couple places once we're there!!
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: The end of the ceremony when we are pronounced husband and wife!!
    Describe Your Dress: It is a Marisa dress that is strapless.  I think it is perfect for the beach because it is very flowy and simple with silk organza.
    What Accessories Are You Wearing: A veil, earrings, small necklace, and bracelet
    How Many BMs/GMs: 4/4
    What Are They Wearing: BM's are wearing a one shoulder with flowers long watermelon color dress.  GM's are wearing beige shirts, green ties, and khaki pants.
    Honeymoon: Part in Kitty Hawk and part in Napa Valley, CA
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique: The colors, people and location!

• jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_lets-introduce-ourselves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:85706564-1959-48cd-8b4e-c5de4f6c6d11Post:577f8141-5bc9-4de3-9c7d-288b7a214f2b">Re: Let's Introduce Ourselves</a>:
    [QUOTE] Describe Your Dress: Maggie Sottero Rhianna Royale.  I was really attracted to dresses with lots of texture.  Lots of 3D flowers, a little lace and irridescent sequins that sparkle in the sunlight and a bit of a train.  Even though it's on the beach, I didn't want a sundress on steroids.  It's the only time I'm getting married and wanted it still to be special. Still fits in the outdoors, yet a little formal. <a href="http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=rhianna&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=S5094HP" rel='nofollow'>http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=rhianna&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=S5094HP</a> Posted by mparwulski[/QUOTE]

SOOOOOOO beautiful and unique, I love it!!

BTW, I dont have enough planned to play this game yet, maybe after my trip this weekend! :)
  • delilahjzdelilahjz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You/Your Fiance's Name: Jenna and John
    Wedding Date:
    5-18-12
    How Did You Meet: Orientation day in Dental School
    Proposal Story:  He proposed to me on christmas eve so we could celebrate with our families
    Weddding Location: Corolla
    Reception Location: Rental House with Twiddy
    Why You Chose OBX: When we moved to this country it was the first place we went and my family has been in love with it ever since!
    Favorite Place in OBX: Avon in hatterass was our first love, but it was just easier for my fiances family and our guests to get to Corolla.  Plus I think the whole outer banks is a unique beautiful place!
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: All my friends and family in one place at one time and the suprises I have in store for my fiance :)
    Describe Your Dress: Have not even looked yet.  Too busy getting a place and moving for a new job.  Oh and I really need to get in shape as well!
    What Accessories Are You Wearing: Earrings from my aunt and flowers in my hair... I think :)
    How Many BMs/GMs: We are not sure yet... at most 3/3
    What Are They Wearing: This is going to be hard to decide cause I have been in 8 weddings and ladies not one of those suckers was wearable again.  I did however make a nice pair of pillow covers out of one of the skirts :)
    Honeymoon: South Africa so my fiance can see where I am from!
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique: My fiance... he is the blondest/ most pale man you will ever meet, who is not a good swimmer, but he is excited to do this with and for me.  Best man I have ever met!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_lets-introduce-ourselves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:85706564-1959-48cd-8b4e-c5de4f6c6d11Post:28efa908-e83d-4215-905e-478e111dd430">Re: Let's Introduce Ourselves</a>:
    [QUOTE]You/Your Fiance's Name: Jenna and John Wedding Date: 5-18-12 How Did You Meet: Orientation day in Dental School Proposal Story:  He proposed to me on christmas eve so we could celebrate with our families Weddding Location: Corolla Reception Location: Rental House with Twiddy Why You Chose OBX: When we moved to this country it was the first place we went and my family has been in love with it ever since! Favorite Place in OBX: Avon in hatterass was our first love, but it was just easier for my fiances family and our guests to get to Corolla.  Plus I think the whole outer banks is a unique beautiful place! Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: All my friends and family in one place at one time and the suprises I have in store for my fiance :) Describe Your Dress: Have not even looked yet.  Too busy getting a place and moving for a new job.  Oh and I really need to get in shape as well! What Accessories Are You Wearing: Earrings from my aunt and flowers in my hair... I think :) How Many BMs/GMs: We are not sure yet... at most 3/3 What Are They Wearing: This is going to be hard to decide cause I have been in 8 weddings and ladies not one of those suckers was wearable again.  I did however make a nice pair of pillow covers out of one of the skirts :) Honeymoon: South Africa so my fiance can see where I am from! What Makes Your Wedding Unique: My fiance...<strong> he is the blondest/ most pale man you will ever meet,</strong> who is not a good swimmer, but he is excited to do this with and for me.  Best man I have ever met!
    Posted by delilahjz[/QUOTE]

Ummm, I may give you a run for your money on this one, Jenna.  All of FI's friends keep asking him why he's getting married on the beach because he's so white and burns when you mention the sun.
  • edited December 2011
    You/Your Fiance's Name: Jessica & Ryan
    Wedding Date: 10-11-12
    How Did You Meet: I went on a date with a friend of his and he brought me to the bar that Ryan worked at. I liked the bar (and eventually got a job there) but not the friend. After getting a job there Ryan and I got to know each other and here we are :)
    Proposal Story: On the beach in Key West
    Weddding Location: On the beach! Probably in the northern part at a rental home
    Reception Location: At the house we rent
    Why You Chose OBX: I've always loved the idea of a beach wedding and we have always vacationed at the beach so it seemed natural for us. His parents live in FL, the rest of his family in PA, and mine all live in MI so OBX is kind of a middle ground for everyone. Plus it is gorgeous!
    Favorite Place in OBX: Hatteras/Avon/Buxton area and ocracoke island
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: Being able to spend an entire week with all the people I love most in this world under one roof.
    Describe Your Dress: Haven't gotten that far yet, though I am will be wearing an ivory full length gown, possibly linen and very simple, or lace and totally over the top haha. We'll see. 
    What Accessories Are You Wearing: Not sure yet, gotta find a dress to see what will go with it. I do like the idea of a small net like veil or a flower in my hair. NO SHOES! haha
    How Many BMs/GMs: 2 of each
    What Are They Wearing: Not sure yet, I am thinking the colors of the wedding will be orange, yellow and ivory. I'll be wearing the ivory so I suppose we'll see how orange and yellow look on them, or (if I can find one) I wouldn't mind a very delicate yellow/orange floral print on an ivory background. 
    Honeymoon: Not sure yet, we may keep the giant house on the beach for an extra week (as FI put it, 12+ bedrooms to ummmmm, consummate in... hahaha) or we may move to another house after the wedding or go on a honeymoon at a later point in time (I'm thinking bahamas for that one)
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique: We plan on doing a lot of the preparations (invites, center pieces, flowers etc) ourselves so we can put exactly what we want in them. Plus we'll be there, and we are both pretty quirky people. He will probably be on a ladder building/fixing something seconds before I walk down the aisle and our cake may have a bald spot from our counter surfing great dane. It will be a day to remember for sure and I can't wait :)
    Photobucket Us on our last visit to OBX :) Jessica
  • mccann58mccann58 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You/Your Fiance's Name: Katie & Jason
    Wedding Date:
     10-8-11 @ 4:30 pm
    How Did You Meet: one of my closest friends from college was working with him at the time and she introduced us
    Proposal Story:  He proposed to me one morning while I was watching the news...he just appeared out of nowhere (I should mention it was 1 week away and he said his plan was for Christmas morning but he just couldn't wait.  He wanted to cheer me up because I had just gotten stiches in my face from an accident.  ---don't worry I'm all better now!)  It couldn't have been more of a surprise though!  :)
    Weddding Location: on the beach in Nags Head
    Reception Location:  backyard/poolside at my family's beach house in Nags Head ("Woodstock")
    Why You Chose OBX: I've been going to OBX since I was probably 11 or something and now my family has a house in Nags Head.  I wanted to do something outdoors and getting married there with the sound of the waves and the sand between our toes is perfect for us!
    Favorite Place in OBX: the beach!
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For: The party after the ceremony with my best friend /husband 
    Smile and all our family and friends!
    Describe Your Dress: It's from David's and it's entirely chiffon, strapless, A-line, with a detailed empire waist......very flowy --hence the chiffon.
    What Accessories Are You Wearing: earrings, bracelet, and haven't decided about a veil maybe just a flower in my hair, would like to have bright blue shoes for the reception
    How Many BMs/GMs: just my MOH and his BM
    What Are They Wearing: MOH will wear a short dress with straps, v-neck and ruching around the waist in a royal blue color from Davids,BM is the same as groom  khaki pincord suit with white shirt
    Honeymoon: we plan to stay in OBX for 2-3 days after we're married but our real honeymoon we plan to do around Dec/Jan somewhere in the Carribean or maybe Mexico....all inclusive or a cruise..?
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique: having it at the beach, getting our friends and family together and the fact that we're finally making it OFFICIAL after 6 years!  
  • tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been on the Knot since we got engaged, but somehow JUST got into these forumns, and it's GREAT!  Since I've been blowing up everyone's posts, I should introduce myself too!
    http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=caprice&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=A3321

You/Your Fiance's Name: Toni & Josh
    Wedding Date: Sept 23, 2011
    How Did You Meet:  Both started working at "The world famous" Cask & Flagon (Fenway bar, for those of you who know Boston) - had a crush on him from day one :-)
    Proposal Story:  We were doing a belated Christmas Celebration with both of our families since my parents rented a condo near his family; after we survivied my family, the first day we were with his, we ran errands and stopped a beautiful scenic overlook where our favorite pic of us from 3 years ago was taken.  Asked if I wanted to take more pics, and after we did, he got on 1 knee in the snow!!
    Weddding Location: Beach in Corolla, near our rental house
    Reception Location: Carolina Bliss, Twiddy Event Home in Corolla
    Why You Chose OBX: FI was in a wedding there a few years ago and loved it- I loved the idea/picture/ and fact that it's a "close" destination wedding.  75% of our families/friends would have to travel no matter where we have it, so since it's drive-able for most and AWESOME we figured we'd have everyone travel to OBX
    Favorite Place in OBX: Only been there once, but Duck/Corolla area
    Part of Wedding You Can't Wait For:  Seeing FI's face when I come down the "isle" and having all our closest family/friends together to celebrate!
    Describe Your Dress: Maggie Sottero Caprice...kept going past it in pictures, etc while searching, but when my bridal consultant put it on me, I didn't want to take it off! 
    http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=caprice&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=A3321
    What Accessories Are You Wearing: No veil- flower in my hair?
    How Many BMs/GMs: omg you'll laugh....7 each!
    What Are They Wearing: Colors are Blue & lime green; groomsen are wearing khaki pants & light blue linen button-ups; BMs are wearing bold blue convertible dresses- flowy and comfy!
    Honeymoon:  Have to save up more vacation time, but a beach somewhere next winter!
    What Makes Your Wedding Unique: Lots of DIY, our crazy family/friends, and we're seriously keeping it low key and ALL ABOUT US! :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_lets-introduce-ourselves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:85706564-1959-48cd-8b4e-c5de4f6c6d11Post:48ddf66d-2b54-4080-b141-c8ccc8a5390c">Re: Let's Introduce Ourselves</a>:
    [QUOTE]You/Your Fiance's Name:   Kristin & Patrick Wedding Date:   7/1/2011 Reception Location:  108 Budleigh in Manteo

Do you have pictures or diagrams from 108 Budleigh?  How many guests did you need to seat?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards