North Carolina-Outer Banks

A Thank You Note For My Fellow OBX Brides & Groom

Well, it’s finally here. After a yearlong engagement, this Sunday I will finally be a married woman. Since it’s my last day at work/near my computer, I wanted to write you all a big Thank You note today. When I started planning our wedding, I had very little knowledge of weddings at all. I had attended as many as the next gal, but never been in one as a Bridesmaid or had enough involvement to understand the ins and outs of planning. I can remember flying back to DC from Florida, a day after my Fiancé and I got engaged standing on the beach. All I knew was that I wanted to be married on a beach. Wasn’t sure where, when or how. After deciding on the OBX, that’s where you all came in!

I found this board and I cannot tell you how thankful I am for that.
You all stuck by me through a year’s worth of freak outs about Mother in Laws, food, venues, décor, flowers, music, wedding party drama….even CLOWNS! I can honestly say that I would not be where I am today, feeling calm and ready to be a bride on my wedding day without you. The kindness and generosity of the members of this board is unlike I expected to find through an internet forum. Ideas are shared without question, fears are forgotten through kind words, heartaches are made less painful by knowing you are not alone in your feelings, and hiccups along the way are laughed at together and forgotten.

It’s not a small thing to have a wonderful “support group”, as we have laughingly referred to ourselves, when you are a bride. There are so many emotions you experience along the journey of planning your wedding that are unexpected. But I always felt that this was a safe place to share those feelings without ridicule, without anyone judging. And for that, I have you all to thank. So, thank you. Thank you for being my secret wedding planning dream team. I will never forget that. You all have contributed to my wedding in different ways, whether with a DIY idea (Maria), or a laugh (Charlene), or a man’s opinion (Rick), or a cry (Boo), or just someone who gets where you are coming from (Lindsay). I hope you know that and know how much I appreciate the part you have played in making my dreams come true just for one special day that I will remember forever.

Love, Sarah
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: A Thank You Note For My Fellow OBX Brides & Groom

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards