Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

The Deck/Waterfront Inn

Has anybody here had or attended a wedding at The Deck in Essington....and stayed in the Waterfront Inn next door? I was planning on visiting The Deck because it looks amazing on the website and it got great reviews on TheKnot. It looked perfect for a ceremony/reception. However when I look up the Waterfront Inn (adjacent hotel) on travel websites, the reviews are AWFUL. Pretty much the worst I've ever read. I'd be so disappointed to have an amazing venue with a disgusting hotel. People complained they felt it was in an unsafe neighborhood and that the rooms were disgusting, not cleaned at all, and that there was no basically no housekeeping or good service and they had to retrieve their own towels at the front desk. Can anybody tell me anything else about this hotel, from you or anyone you know who has stayed there?

Re: The Deck/Waterfront Inn

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I though that place was a nightclub? 

Essington is right next to the airport, so I'd beware that you might have 747s zooming over your head as your say your vows.  Probably best to check it out in person to see.  Also, try tripadivsor.com for hotel and weddingwire.com for vendor reviews.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reply! It does have a nightclub, but is also a wedding venue. They have an outdoor space for ceremonies and 2 ballrooms for receptions. I've really only read amazing reviews about the wedding venue.....so I was disappointed to see that the hotel might be a deal-breaker. I plan on checking it out in person in the coming weeks! Unfortunately I live in southern Delaware so it takes some planning to be able to visit venues up north.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard they do some great weddings... but it is really close to the airport. I used to live in Ridley, very close to it, and that's pretty much what you hear every seven to fifteen minutes. Nothing about the hotel though, sorry. :(
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BlueberrikjpBlueberrikjp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married next door at the Corinthian Yacht Club and they told us some of the airport hotels will arrange a shuttle for your guest. 
  • Options
    glav312glav312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at The Lazzaretto Ballroom also right down the streets and several of the airport hotels will shuttle, they mentioned the Ramada I think... I need to call after the holidays, I am taking advantage of that shuttle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards