North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Events at 921 & Non Traditional Venues

hello! This is my first post-I'm recently engaged and super excited to have my wedding in OBX August 2013!  My favorite place in the USA :)

I was hoping any of you had any feedback on the venue: Events at 921 in Kitty Hawk?
I am looking for a bit of a non-traditional type of venue, and the look of their event space with the open air kitchen was very intriguing.  My fiance and I arent really 'ballroom' people, so I was hoping that this space was a winner.

I was also thinking of doing the event at a restaurant, but I know that most restuarants only book out weddings  in the off-season.

Any other suggestions would be great!  Thanks!

Re: Events at 921 & Non Traditional Venues

• Options
    What sort of non-traditional things are you interested in? I don't happen to know anything about 921. If you are interested in more of a restaurant, I think some of the girls have gone to Tale of the Whale, Aqua, or OBX Brewing Station. There's another one that starts with an A but I can't remember the name of it. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome! 

I have seen pics of 921 but haven't been there in person.  It looks really pretty!

I would go to the OBX Wedding Assoc and click under Vendors for a complete listing of all venues throughout OBX and it also gives you a detailed list of caterers, photographers, cakes, officiants, etc.  It will be your go-to guide for all wedding related stuff in OBX.

www.obxwa.com

There is also a "sticky" (blue push pin) on the top of this thread that gives a lot of helpful links to use :)

• Options
    Thank you! this is very helpful! Aqua looks very cool, but its a bit out of our price range.  My fiance would love OBX brewing station, but I know they are very strict of when they take weddings during the summer season.  
    TeachLibrary-great question! we probably wont do a lot of the traditional formalities, so i didnt want to rent a big ballroom-it just wouldnt feel right for us.  My fiance hates to be the center of attention would just rather throw a big party with delicious food and great booze. I still want to do some of the fun stuff (def white dress and of course a cake!), but other than that, more relaxed.  And I couldnt think of a better place than OBX!!

• Options

Depending upon how many people you have, I've heard that Argyles has some pretty decent pricing on packages at their restaurant in Kitty Hawk.  I think you can do an outdoor cocktail hour on their patios too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    akryz - By the sound of your type of party, you're my kinda gal! :) You're making me hungry just thinking of the brewing station. Yum, Yum... 

Have you checked out Argyles? (Thanks, KEB, that was the other A name I couldn't think of yesterday.

Depending on how laid back you want things, you could also go as simple as BBQ type catering at your beach house with cake delivery and you could save yourself some money by purchasing the alcohol on your own to have. Not to mention, some of the houses have some sweet sound systems that you could hook up your ipod for music.

*SIGH* Isn't the Outer Banks just grand. I always think it's so neat that there's a wedding for everyone. It can be as cha-ching as you want, or as laid back as you want... I wonder if people on the other boards love where they're getting married as much as we do?

... maybe that's why those other boards can get so catty .."saucer of milk, table to..meow!"....Ok, I really should step away from the keyboard now! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards