• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
North Carolina-Outer Banks

difference between The Wedding Show and The Wedding Expo

hey guys-

just wondering if osmeone could explain the difference between the two wedding events. are there different vendors there? i was planning on going to the expo in january...but maybe the wedding show is better?

any input is appreciaed. thanks!

Re: difference between The Wedding Show and The Wedding Expo

• I went to the wedding show last year in March and not the Expo b/c I couldn't make the January event.  Not that I have been to the Expo but from talking to some vendors pretty much everyone partcipates in the Expo and only some of the vendors were at the wedding show (It was the first year that they had ever put one on)..  Pretty much every photographer was at the Wedding Show but only Caterers from Kitty Hawk and north were at the Show, DJ's were only a few (Matt Cooper and DJ Bruce were not there), Rev Jay and Dave Keller were there..  The show is also one day.  I thought the show was great and helped me in picking out my vendors but if you are looking to meet absolutely every possible vendor then I would suggest you go to the Expo.  Don't get me wrong it was a great event but if I had been able to go to the Expo I would have gone to that.
  • Thank you! I appreciate your advice. I'll be going to the expo, for sure.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_difference-between-the-wedding-show-and-the-wedding-expo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:d5a39b06-7145-44cf-b2d8-9effa1035fd7Post:e46e233d-9f67-439e-87a3-2533528ca168">Re: difference between The Wedding Show and The Wedding Expo</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to the wedding show last year in March and not the Expo b/c I couldn't make the January event.  Not that I have been to the Expo but from talking to some vendors pretty much everyone partcipates in the Expo and only some of the vendors were at the wedding show (It was the first year that they had ever put one on)..  Pretty much every photographer was at the Wedding Show but only Caterers from Kitty Hawk and north were at the Show, DJ's were only a few (Matt Cooper and DJ Bruce were not there), Rev Jay and Dave Keller were there..  The show is also one day.  I thought the show was great and helped me in picking out my vendors but if you are looking to meet absolutely every possible vendor then I would suggest you go to the Expo.  Don't get me wrong it was a great event but if I had been able to go to the Expo I would have gone to that.
    Posted by doceri[/QUOTE]
  • The Expo is hosted by OBWA, which has 280 members. The wedding show is a privately run show, is much smaller and seems mainly geared towards northern beach brides.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards