Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...

Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...

• edited December 2011
    I confess I gave the side-eye to a friend of mine who can't leave the house at night ever because her 13-month old son goes to bed at 6:45 and will not go down for her husband.  So she has to put him to bed and stay in every single night.  I know I don't have children, but something tells me that isn't a good situation for anyone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've got a couple today.

First off, I confess my hairdryer broke yesterday and I've been trying to be strong and not purchase a new one.  I might I have to make a trip to Target today.

I confess that I saw friends of ours who recently had a baby and it has cemented in my brain that not only am I no where near ready to have children, but I don't know if I ever want them.  They looked so tired and worn out.  They even said they don't feel like they ever communicate or live anymore--- it's just one chore after another.  I don't want to ever be that way.

On Sunday we were supposed to meet up with my friends for breakfast to celebrate a 30th birthday.  They have since moved it to 3:30 and we can't go because I have my nephew's birthday party then.  I confess I was bummed about the time change-- not because I really wanted to hang out with these people, but because I really wanted some blueberry pancakes.

Dear MH-
      I've only known you for, what, a year? and I would never purchase you anything that had a parrot on it.  Just sayin'

Happy Early Birthday Mommacita,
      Amer.

Dear Drink-
      You know I gots your back ;)

Love,
      Amer.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    Hill- WHO the heck sent you that? Is it the Jimmy Buffett Parrot? Ha Ha. There are ALOT of crazy Jimmy Buffet fans out there that might ACTUALLY like that pitcher... I am not one of them.. but I did laugh!

Confession: I was running late this am, thanks to an uncooperating puppy... and emailed my boss to let her know. She replied saying she wont be in until later... so a 1/2 day of work and no boss... equals NO WORK FOR ME for the 3 hours I will be here this am...

Dear DH:
    Thank you so much for stepping it up with straightening up! I love you for it <3

Love,
    Your Appreciative Wife

• edited December 2011
    Dear caraellen and LadyJ,
    I miss you.  Please put down the paint brushes and BBB ads and come back to play with us.  Cara especially you since you are no longer HBIC in the office and therefore should be more relaxed and have some free time.
    <3 Jealous person without a home
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    Knottie Warrior 5000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

TMI Confession:  DH and I haven't had "relations" in almost 2 weeks due to him first having a back injury, now he has a severe cold.  The only thing getting me through this tough period is knowing how good it will finally be when it finally happens!

Hil - try selling it on eBay.  If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask:  I was able to sell a monstrous ugly ceramic plate we received as a wedding gift!

• edited December 2011
    dear co worker who just sent an email for your engagement party,
    really, an email? i know youre trying to save money but at least send a free freakin evite.
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-open-letter-vent-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:ffef0f57-9a41-4e94-8b77-b8be5feb372ePost:c8434d5c-51b9-4ccd-a6f9-c0ef0c96e48a">Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear caraellen and LadyJ, I miss you.  Please put down the paint brushes and BBB ads and come back to play with us.  Cara especially you since you are no longer HBIC in the office and therefore should be more relaxed and have some free time. <3 Jealous person without a home
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

This.

I confess I'm trying to come up with some excuse that would allow me to work from home friday. My pre allergy itchy eyes make it so uncomfortable to have my contacts in and I wanna slum it in my glasses and sweats for the day.
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-open-letter-vent-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ffef0f57-9a41-4e94-8b77-b8be5feb372ePost:f98ca205-58d4-4d62-9096-27ebd8b743f8">Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...</a>:
    [QUOTE] There are ALOT of crazy Jimmy Buffet fans out there that might ACTUALLY like that pitcher...
    Posted by happywithhim715[/QUOTE]

<div>I confess that this is me, heh. I <3 Jimmy Buffett.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Amer -- I'm with you on the babies.  And I feel really guilty about feeling that way... but I do.  At least right now.

AW: We got our wedding bands a couple of days ago!  Finally.  AND I didn't even have to push him!  Gzilla just said "Wanna go get our bands today?"  AND today he said something about going to the post office to apply for his passport.  He's being really cooperative.  He must want something.

AW: I did a little mock up of my table numbers last night... and they turned out really good!  Actually Paprika gave me a good idea.  4x6 was too small for what I wanted them to look like, so now I'm looking for like 25 5x7 frames, but I'm searching yard sales and stuff, and then I'm going to spray paint them all white.

Vent (that most of you all know from FB anyway) I don't know which I hate more.  I cheap butler corkscrew... or the bottle of wine that bent it into uselessness.  Now I have to go buy another freaking corkscrew so I can have wine tonight. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I confess it drives me batshit crazy that for MONTHS I've been doing 99.999% of the work on a project, yet I'm still the last to know when meetings are cancelled/changed.
  • a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011

Dear Groomsman/Roomie,

Thank you so much for cleaning the entire house a couple of days ago. I really really appreciate it. It makes me feel so much less anxious when I get home from work.

Love,
    Girl who lives with two really amazing men

Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Nicole,
    I feel your pain w/DH. For serious.
    ME

Confession - I am the complete opposite of some of you ladies right now and feeling some pretty serious baby fever these days!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    << Confession - I am the complete opposite of some of you ladies right now and feeling some pretty serious baby fever these days! >>

This.  First time in my life where I went, eh if I was pregnant that's ok!  Esp since we have the room in the house haha. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather wait until after we were married. 
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-open-letter-vent-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ffef0f57-9a41-4e94-8b77-b8be5feb372ePost:a19d0d76-51ea-45f0-8538-7cbf92422b85">Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...</a>:
    [QUOTE] I am the complete opposite of some of you ladies right now and feeling some pretty serious baby fever these days!
    Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

For the first time EVER, DH actually wanted to see what I bought for my friend's baby shower.  I think I'm in trouble.
    edited December 2011
    confession - I thought nicole's DH shirt said MEXICO... then I realized it was text. 
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...:
    [QUOTE I confess that I saw friends of ours who recently had a baby and it has cemented in my brain that not only am I no where near ready to have children, but I don't know if I ever want them.  They looked so tired and worn out.  They even said they don't feel like they ever communicate or live anymore--- it's just one chore after another.  I don't want to ever be that way.
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

THIS. Me and Braden agreed no kids for at least 5 years. But I honestly don't know if I will ever be ready. It stresses me out to even think about it.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I confess I don't have baby fever considering we are no where near ready for kids (financially, space wise, emotionally, etc.) but I do have massive puppy fever. I want a dog now! :-O
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-open-letter-vent-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ffef0f57-9a41-4e94-8b77-b8be5feb372ePost:dd01119a-d313-4dff-b48f-4c5e66697f1f">Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<< Confession - I am the complete opposite of some of you ladies right now and feeling some pretty serious baby fever these days! />> This.  First time in my life where I went, eh if I was pregnant that's ok!  Esp since we have the room in the house haha.
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

I dont know why but every month I always get a little anxious about my TOM... like it may not come, even though I have been on BC since I was 18 and we are careful. BUT since the wedding, I no longer have that anxiety! Not that my DH or I want any children right now but if I guess I have accepted that if it happens, then it does... and I will be okay with that. As we have a room in OUR HOUSE, not an apt, to have a nursery! Though I believe both DH and I are on the same page about waiting until after my BF's wedding in July 2012.
  • edited December 2011
    >>confession - I thought nicole's DH shirt said MEXICO... then I realized it was text.  <<

bahahah. I see that now too.

/>>But I honestly don't know if I will ever be ready<<

I don't think any one is ever ready.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-open-letter-vent-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:ffef0f57-9a41-4e94-8b77-b8be5feb372ePost:73f27075-7e0c-4f71-b6e4-686965ae6fcb">Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I don't have baby fever considering we are no where near ready for kids (financially, space wise, emotionally, etc.) but I do have massive puppy fever. I want a dog now! :-O
    Posted by Jesster153[/QUOTE]

Puppys are a lot of work too!
  • edited December 2011
    I just showed my coworker (guy) the pic of my pretty parrot pitcher and he said it is so much worse than he pictured it based on my description.  LOL

I confess I really want to sell the parrot stuff asap, but that makes me feel ungrateful and guilty.
  • edited December 2011
    FI an I go back and forth if we want any children.  We decided were going to reavalute the situation in 2015
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    >>I confess I really want to sell the parrot stuff asap, but that makes me feel ungrateful and guilty.<<

I am pretty clumsy if you need my to stop over.
  • edited December 2011
    Jesster and MH - Aww I feel the love.  I've been in my own little world lately.  I promise to come out and play more. :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-open-letter-vent-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:ffef0f57-9a41-4e94-8b77-b8be5feb372ePost:e98438bc-b2ef-4288-902c-da651af48da3">Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions... : <strong>Puppys are a lot of work too!
    </strong>Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Thats why we even pushed that back for another 6-8 months. Soo clearly if we're not ready for even a puppy right now- def not ready for kids haha

If I get a slight baby fever- I got visit my cousin and her 4 kids ages 9 month to 9 years old. By the time I leave- baby fever is gone ;)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I LIKE babies.  I just know that right now... there is no way I'd be able to take care of one at all.  I work 60+ hours a week... I have 2 jobs, and I have to have 2 jobs... there's no way.  I can't have baby fever.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that since my 1:00 mtg was cancelled, I'm really antsy to get out of the office NOW and skip the bday cake at the end of the day.  I really don't like these people!  Can you tell?  haha
  • amy727amy727 member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I change my mind about babies all the time.  I know we want to wait until we move back to Pittsburgh.  I don't think I could have a baby without having family their for support. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    edited December 2011
    >>confession - I thought nicole's DH shirt said MEXICO... then I realized it was text.  <<

bahahah. I see that now too. />>

Haha at first I was like... AWE his letter matches her shirt!  Then I was like, wait a minute, the letters don't follow the shirt wrinkles... I love my blonde moments.

<<I dont know why but every month I always get a little anxious about my TOM... like it may not come, even though I have been on BC since I was 18 and we are careful. BUT since the wedding, I no longer have that anxiety! Not that my DH or I want any children right now but if I guess I have accepted that if it happens, then it does... and I will be okay with that. As we have a room in OUR HOUSE, not an apt, to have a nursery! Though I believe both DH and I are on the same page about waiting until after my BF's wedding in July 2012. />>

I think the house is what got me ok if it happens too.  I'll probably freak out the months that if I did get KU it'd interfer with the wedding.  I've been on BC for 6 years, and like you I get a little anxious each month...  nothing against my FI, I already know he's a GREAT dad.  I already told him he'll be training me and the fact newborns freak me out.  I'm good when they can hold their own head up, so like 4 months.
    my 2012 shelf:
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    FI's sister has a 2 year old and 2 month old. I love them SO much but it is chaotic and makes me never want children HAHA.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards