Bridalicious Boot Camp

Confession..

I am somewhat embarassed that I haven't worked out in over a year. I am out of shape. I am also terrified to go to a gym because I feel like I don't know how to work out properly. I am currently a signle mom of a toddler which is tiring, and sometimes I feel too tired after work and I don't have alot of free time to go to the gym. I do have the drive... I just want to feel more confident about trying to work out. Gyms are scary to me because everytime I have gone, a creepy guy tries to talk to me or I feel like I look ridiculous. Am I the only one going through this? I feel like this process gives me anxiety but I know I need to get up and get moving! I know there are probably simple answers, but I just don't know where to start. I also have no friends or family anywhere near me that can work out with me so this will be a solo venture for me! HELP!
~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~

Re: Confession..

• You are not alone.  I was the exact same way; or should stay I still am.  I decided to work out at home.  My best time was doing it in the morning before getting the kids up.  It took me weeks to get used to the routine of waking up earlier...but it was definitely worth it.  I started out by renting DVD work outs until I found one that I liked.  Having the DVDs is an easy way to work out and follow plan.  You normally do not need anything but your TV and DVD.  Later you can add weights and mats.  You just need to find a workout DVD that you enjoy doing as that is the only way I can get up and do the DVDs is knowing that I enjoy them and I have fun doing them.  I have done various different types of DVDs but I am currently enjoying Turbo Jam.  

Good luck and have fun!

In Response to Confession..:
    I am somewhat embarassed that I haven't worked out in over a year. I am out of shape. I am also terrified to go to a gym because I feel like I don't know how to work out properly. I am currently a signle mom of a toddler which is tiring, and sometimes I feel too tired after work and I don't have alot of free time to go to the gym. I do have the drive... I just want to feel more confident about trying to work out. Gyms are scary to me because everytime I have gone, a creepy guy tries to talk to me or I feel like I look ridiculous. Am I the only one going through this? I feel like this process gives me anxiety but I know I need to get up and get moving! I know there are probably simple answers, but I just don't know where to start. I also have no friends or family anywhere near me that can work out with me so this will be a solo venture for me! HELP!
    Posted by SarahMichele26
  • In Response to Confession..:
    Posted by SarahMichele26
    Hi SarahMichele26,
    I totally understand your situation and that's what I'm here for -- to help you through your fitness journey and to make you feel confident that you are doing the right things along the way. Please check-in on this board and you can also get some great info on our Bridalicious by The Knot FB page: http://www.facebook.com/BridaliciousBootCamp

We put together a comprehensive DVD workout program for brides just like you:
    http://bridalworkoutDVD.com. From what you wrote, it sounds like it's perfect for youSmile

-Knot Fitness Coach Doug

• Thank you guys! I am going to order the DVD and give it all I've got!!! :)
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
    Latham101114
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards