Bridalicious Boot Camp

14-Day Sweet & Sexy Valentine Slim Down

Hey there Knottie Brides! Let's start today with a great total body workout. Do all of these in a circuit method with no rest between the four exercises, THEN rest for 60-90 sec and repeat the circuit at least 3 times and up to 5 times if you are not a beginner and are in the proper condition to do it.

Y Squat
Inchworm plank torso rotation
T-Pushups
High tempo Prisoner Squats

Click here to see the exercises here:
http://bit.ly/14yEPq3

Our Eating Theme this week is low carb. First of all, yes, I am the one who wanted to make this week's eating theme low-carb. But, I must tell you that I’ve never been a big fan of this style of food restriction. It can be beneficial over the short term, and help you meet your goals, so there are some good points to it. I also figured that I can help inform and educate you on some of the pitfalls to be aware of when it come to cutting carbs.
Did you know that for optimal brain function, you should be getting at least 130 g of carbohydrates every day, according to the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center? The point is that I am not suggesting that you cut your carbs down to some extreme level like 20-30g a day. And if you have a specific health condition like diabetes, high blood pressure, etc., I am not suggesting that you change anything with your diet!

I recently used the low-carb method on my workout off days (the days I don’t work out, but I do something to stay active like take a brisk walk for 30-40 minutes).  When I use it like that, I kind of like it, and don't feel I'm restricting myself.

The Bridalicious Boot Camp workouts are intense and they require a lot of effort and energy.  Low carb diets won't allow that. So for the purpose of this 14-Day Sweet and Sexy Slim Down, only try the low-carb eating on your non-workout days.

Granted, some people thrive on this kind of diet.  As a matter of fact, I've had boot campers who have used this type of diet for the the simplicity.  If it has carbs, avoid it.  Thankfully, there are many other ways to lower your caloric intake and lose body fat.

Here’s how to make it simple.  This is exactly what I did  (and of course, you can adjust it to make it more reasonable for your lifestyle)

Workout Days – you can consume up to 140 grams of carbs throughout the day
Non-Workout Days – you can consume 60 grams of carbs throughout the day

I am not a supporter of the extreme low carbs of 20g a day.

How to Implement It
First, be realistic with yourself, because if you love fruit, which is perfectly healthy and necessary, then the low-carb approach is NOT for you.  Don’t set yourself up for failure just because of our eating theme this week.  But if you think it's worth a shot, try
something like I suggested above, and adjust it to your fitness level.  

Another way to sum it up and keep it simple to follow – keep your carbs as low as possible on your off days.  On your workout days, increase your carbs and work them in around your workouts (before and after).

The Knot Fitness Coach Doug

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards