California-Bay Area

What would you and your fiancé wear to this wedding?

My brother and his fiancée will be married at 5 pm on a Saturday in June. The buffet reception that follows will end at 9 pm.

Both ceremony and reception will be in a residence's "lovely rose garden" in the 1800 block of University Avenue in Palo Alto. The dress code is "casual".

What do you think we should wear?

Re: What would you and your fiancé wear to this wedding?

• GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nice sundress/summer dress for you?  Button-down and slacks for FI, with a tie in your bag just in case?
  • edited December 2011
    GJones, thank you for your answer. Those sound like good possibilities.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree with GJones. Since it says "casual," I don't think the tie is needed, but it doesn't hurt to sneak one in your purse.
  • edited December 2011
    leia, thank you for your answer. My fiancé will be pleased if the tie is not needed. :-)
  • cassandrae913cassandrae913 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do a sundress and a sportcoat and slacks with a tie in the purse. It's always nicer to have a jacket.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup, sundress, sportscoat/slacks sounds about right.  If it's truly "casual," no tie is necessary.  Bring a sweater, as everyone knows, it's rarely warm after the sun sets, even in Palo Alto in June.
  • edited December 2011
    I would wear a sundress and have my fiance wear a shortsleeve button up with Khakis...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards