Kentucky-Louisville

November Wedding... help with centerpieces.

My colors are navy and irovy. My favors are going to be candy corn in mess bag with our names on it and a claddugh. The tag is an irvoy background and the words and the claddugh is in navy. Since the season is fall, I have been having a hard time trying to find a differnet centerpiece than flowers and candles.
My first thought was to have fall leaves on the table and something with navy and irovy colors too. The only problem is that there are going to be about 28 tables.

Re: November Wedding... help with centerpieces.

• edited December 2011
    I am also doing a fall wedding, with about the same amount of tables. However, I decided to use the more "common" fall colors...browns, oranges, etc. I decided to use two different centerpieces. On half the tables, I am using glass vases with branches in them, and tying a brown or rust ribbon around the vase. On the other tables, I am using floating candle bowls with berry garland wrapped around them and votives on the table. I am also using loose leaves on all the tables to make them look less empty.
  • PTLATH01PTLATH01 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

One idea is to use navy tablecloths to create a solid base throughout the space and then accent the tables with stacks of white pumpkins and/or gourds. These can either be painted or the natural white they come. Finish the table by scattering a few votive candles between the pumpkins to add a nice glow.

Other idea is to pull in additional color like orange and accent with bronzes. For this color scheme I would use small urns painted bronze and filled with miniature orange and white pumpkins and then tuck a few fall leaves in between. Still keeping with the navy tablecloths.

Hope this helps!

creatingwows.com    

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can definitely grow your own mini-gourds and use those.  They have small white/ivory  pumpkins shaped ones and even the larger pumpkins that are white/ivory.  Those would be great against the navy tablecloths like pp said she's doing. 
  • kdmoellekdmoelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same problem.. except I'm doing black and fuchsia.. Any suggestions?!?
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kdmoelle, we used fuschia organza table overlays over white table cloths for color.  Our CPs were a 7" cylinder vase with a 6" pillar candle in it, 3 bubble bowls with 1 rose & some beargrass each, 5 votives in clear glass cylinder votive holders, and 3 frosted tealights.  They were cheap, easy, and had good impact.  Not sure that I have any photos of this yet, but there might be a few in my married bio.

Our table numbers were pink and black on white.  Photos in my planning bio.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards