Kentucky-Louisville

Marriage license

Hey guys , I have a quick question for anyone already married or who might just know the answer. We went and applied for our marriage license yesterday for our dec 19 wedding. I know it has to get mailed to the county clerk's office afterwards and then they mail you the offical mariage licence. My question is does anyone know how long it takes to get the offical copy? My fiance is in the army and we will be leaving to drive to WA two days after christmas, will be living on post so we don't have an address yet. We also can't get a house on post until we have the license to prove we are married. The license is going to be mailed to my house and then my parents are going to have to mail it out to us in Washington. I'm just trying to figure out how long we might be in limbo waiting on the offical copy of the license.
Thanks!!

Re: Marriage license

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure - I don't think it takes too long.  You should call the county clerk's office, though, and ask.  Maybe, if you hand carry the signed liscense in they can expedite your marriage certificate.  Worth a shot, anyway.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • anopy1anopy1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had ours back in a week and a half. It was a quick turn around.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards