Catholic Weddings

How long is the "gap" for you?

The latest time to start the ceremony is 2 p.m, and I know it will be an hour. So including guests exiting, and maybe a receiving line, I think our gap will be 1.5 hours.

Re: How long is the "gap" for you?

• edited December 2011
    We are happy to have no-gap and the evening wedding & reception I've always wanted. Our church does a 4:30 p.m. saturday evening mass, so our wedding will begin at 6:30 p.m. and our reception begins at 8 p.m. We expect the wedding to last until 7:30 and it takes about 20 minutes (without traffic) so 30 with to get from the church to the reception. The reception will be from 8-12. I've also planned it with the photographer to get most of the pictures taken prior to the wedding and he promised me to keep the after ceremony pictures down to 20 minutes. So we won't really be missing much of the reception :). I'm very happy.
  • edited December 2011
    Latest we can have the ceremony at my mom's church is 2:00 pm, so with no mass we're figuring it will be over by 2:30. Originally booked the reception hall from 5:00 - 10:00 pm, but are probably moving it to 4:00 pm to shorten the gap and to fit more of the reception into the 7-hour time frame we'll have the photographer. So the gap will be about an hour and a half (same as OP).

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards