Catholic Weddings

Music choices

What songs are allowed for the processional and the recessional for Catholic churches? My priest said I could walk to non-religious music but that was not his absolute first choice (obviously). Any suggestions?

Re: Music choices

• edited December 2011
    I'd keep it in the Christian realm; I know that Steven Curtis Chapman has a couple of really beautiful songs appropriate for weddings... I'd go through lyrics of songs, see what you like, and then take them to your priest and see if he approves.
    greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at a hotel that has a chapel (it used to be a seminary and is still owned by the Archdiocese).  They have strict rules about the ceremony and sent us a list of approved songs:Air from Water Music - HandelJesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - BachCourt Dance - old English airBist du bie mir - BachCanon in D - PachelbelHornpipe - Water Music - handelProcessional from Sound of Music - RodgersProcessional - rossiniPsalm 19 - marcelloRigaudon - CampraTrumpet tune in G = StanleyTrumpet Tune - PurcellRoyal Fireworks Music - HanelSomewhere in time - Williams
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards