Catholic Weddings
Options

Church isn't calling me back about my wedding date!

This is really frustrating! I sent an email to the church where we want to get married about 2 weeks ago. The following morning the priest called back and left a message saying which Saturdays next summer were available. My fiance and I mulled it over for a few days and then decided on a date. 4 days later I emailed the church again telling them which date we wanted and to let me know if it's still available and what we need to do to prepare. 4 days went by with no response. Last Saturday I called the church and left a message on the answering machine. Today, 3 days later, still nothing. I called again this afternoon and left a message. This is really frustrating that neither the secretary or priest has responded to either my emails or messages. I live out of state so I can't go knocking on their door asking what's up. We need to confirm the date so that we can book the reception hall. How long do you wait?

Re: Church isn't calling me back about my wedding date!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would be willing to bet two things:1) The church staff aren't very technologically literate and don't check email often.and/or2) The church office isn't open on Saturdays or Sundays, so no one even got your message until Monday.I'd call again today, during the hours that the parish office is open, and talk to them again.  Don't rely on messages or emails -- just call when the office is open.
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    my chuch checks email like once every 2 weeks.  i would call again today.
  • Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there someone who can go to the church for you?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards