Catholic Weddings

Catholic Ceremony....HELP!!!

My FI is Catholic and I am not catholic and dont go to church. It's not that I dont want to go to church but I work a crazy schedule and it just doesnt work out. Anyway, we are planning on having the ceremony and FI's church. It means alot to him and I am glad to do it. My only problem is that I have no idea what I need to do or how a catholic ceremony w/o mass goes. FI is overseas for the military until April. Our wedding is next Semptember and I really cant wait until he is back for his help. Can you ladies steer me in the right direction. Thanks for your help!!!

Re: Catholic Ceremony....HELP!!!

• edited December 2011
    The best thing to do would be to call the priest at the church and let him know your situation, he can help you. I was baptized but was not confirmed and FI is confirmed. I basically called and asked what we needed to do in order to marry at this church.
  • TruchanaTruchana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Determine the church you'd like to get married in.  Once that is determined, schedule some time to speak with the priest and go over your entire situation.  he will guide you on what you need to do from there.  The church needs to approve your marriage first, and there is some prep work you will have to go through, so the fact that fiance won't get back until APril, you will want to make sure he is well aware of everything so you can hopefully book your date.
  • tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm Catholic but have been to two Catholic weddings, so I know how you feel.  Here are two sites that I found very helpful.  The first one had soooo much helpful info.  The second has sample programs.  http://catholicweddinghelp.com/topics/order-wedding-outside-mass.htmhttp://www.catholicbrides.com/Also, there's a pamphlet that you will go through when you plan the ceremony with the priest that explains the order of the ceremony.  You'll pick readings, psalms, vows, etc.  Depending on the pastor, you may not be allowed to walk to the traditional wedding songs:  The “Bridal Chorus”  by Wagner and Mendelssohn’s Wedding March.HTH and Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards