Catholic Weddings

Recessional Songs

Ideas?  I am really not liking any of the typical wedding recessional songs and am in need of some inspiration.  Our music director isn't really being a help saying "you need to choose it since it annoucnes you as man and wife".  Ugh.What is/did everyone use?We are having a piano and flute, as well as, two vocalists for our musicans.TIA!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Recessional Songs

• edited December 2011
    We're doing "Trumpet Voluntary" but is that too traditional for you? I'm pretty sure that the Catholic Church is clear on their guidelines of songs... Here's what I did, I got a list of the "approved" songs, and listedned to all of them on iTunes/YouTube and we chose the ones we liked best. I can't stand the traditional wedding march and recessional, so that might work for you, HTH.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I'll just have to keep chugging and looking on YouTube.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used a piano arrangement of the overture from The Marriage of Figaro.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Marriage of Figaro..perfect!  Thanks!  I'll ask our music director tonight if that could work.
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used jesu, joy of man desiring.  program with all music in ceremony under FAF link in bio.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck! The only thing about the Marriage of Figaro overture... there's a short passage at the beginning that leads up to the fanfare part later. I had to instruct DH not to start walking until the fanfare came on. But it was nice because it gave us a few seconds to just stand there and let everyone look at us, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • TruchanaTruchana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did Ode to Joy and then had Vivaldi Winter played as guests leave.
  • edited December 2011
    We used "O God, Beyond All Praising" -- the tune of which is the theme from the Jupiter movement of Gustav Holst's The Planets.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! We decided on Allegro from Autumn by Vivaldi.  It will be the perfect ending for a fall wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards