Catholic Weddings
Options

Poll: How many times did you meet with your priest?

How many times did you meet with your priest prior to the wedding?  Excluding pre-cana classes.

Re: Poll: How many times did you meet with your priest?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Twice, and he says we will meet with him more closer to the wedding.  But I estimate it will only be one or two more times. We completed our requirements almost a whole year in advance. 
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    girllennongirllennon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with our priest at least 5 times (I was doing RCIA at the same time). For our situation, there was a lot to go over and things to arrange since our reception was held at the church hall.
    Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    drod58drod58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We met 4 times.
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we had hte initial meeting, then three meetings for pre-cana.  that was it.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3 in total - twice with our old pastor who was originally going to marry us, and once with the new pastor to go over details near the end.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Something like 4 to 5 times.
    DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts (4AB & 3BB); 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Keeping fingers crossed
    Everyone is welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1 official time, but we knew him well already.
  • Options
    BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have to meet 4 times.
  • Options
    bel138bel138 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to say six. I lost count somewhere in there. We didn't do pre-cana classes though, just a weekend retreat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    eponvilleeponville member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we have met with him once so far our second meeting is today! no clue how many more times we will meet...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alright, I was trying to figure out if we were out of the norm, I think by the end we will have met with the priest 5-6 times, but that seems to be pretty typical.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Once so far to set up the initial plans.  We have our first pre-cana day this Sunday (the second in two weeks) but that is done through the diocese, not our individual parish.  We'll meet with him after pre-cana is done and we've obtained our cert's from our home parishes.  My guess is we'll meet with him once more closer to the wedding to go over final details.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Once, and we get married in about 5 weeks. Cathedral priests can be quite impersonal :(
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    3 times before rehearsal, so 5 total
  • Options
    lanerob1lanerob1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Once which was very informal since it was during the 1st Sunday of the month breakfast. Priest had not yet met FI. We have written and talked to him on the phone to confirm readings, music, ceremony, etc. (FI and I live 5 hrs away from my hometown church) The week before the wedding we will have a meeting with him to discuss everything in detail.
  • Options
    ZoolooZooloo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Once thus far, and we'll only need to meet once more about 2 months prior to the wedding to go over the readings we picked.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Planning Bio - A Total Work in Progress...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We met with him only once and then the next time we saw him was for the wedding
  • Options
    kelmcgeekelmcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3 times.  Once to book the date, the second was after the marriage prep classes to start all the forms, and then last week to go over all the details and give him the marriage license and everything else for the day of.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards