Catholic Weddings
Options

Programs

Was wondering how you are laying out your program in regards to explaining your ceremony and the sacrements and readings, etc. Many of guests are not Catholic and I want this to be a MAIN focus for them to follow along....so I plan on spending a lot time and attention to the programs. Would you care to share your ideas as they come along??? I didn't see that this was previously posted so if it was can you link me to the answer(s)???TIA!

Datsyuks & Ferdy- We Go Together Like...

Re: Programs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't explain what was happening, exactly, but I did type out the full text of the main components of the mass with headings such as "Liturgy of the Word" etc., The only things I didn't type out verbatim were the things the priest says as part of the Mass. All the readings and responses were typed out, as well as the full text of our vows and consent. I also included the words to the Lord's Prayer, since not everyone would know it.We did include a small blurb about going up for a blessing at Communion instead of receiving the Eucharist for those that aren't Catholic. It worked really well, and people appreciated being included. One last thing - don't focus too much on the programs. We found that most of our non-Catholic friends were more interested in watching what was happening instead of really following along. A lot of the programs were left behind.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was looking for the same thing as you were and found some website called http://www.catholicbrides.com/# send me an e-mail at mspence at durhammuseum dot org and I can send you the layout that I have typed up so far based on the programs I saw on that site. You can use the copy as a template if you'd like!
  • Options
    Jasmine&RajahJasmine&Rajah member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I have to jump in here and say that I LOVED working with CatholicBrides.com - I ordered my programs through them, and worked with a gentleman named Ray.  We went through eight drafts of our program - I kid you not - because the ceremony was so complex, in three languages, with a lot of music, and we wanted everyone to be able to follow along easily.  Ray was awesome - very patient, relaxed, and professional.  The programs were really beautiful to look at, as well.  (They matched the wedding colors exactly - I'm a geek!)  We got so many compliments on them, from both guests and our officiants. 
  • Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am making layered programs with MS Publisher.  I have the main parts Introductory Rite, Liturgy of the Word, Rite of Marriage and Concluding Rite in Bold, centered and underlined.  Each item under the main headings is left justified with any directions separated by a hyphen.  Example:First (Second) Reading - Please be seated.     Name of Reader     Song of Songs 2:8-10, 14, 16, 8:6-7     Reader:  The word of the Lord.     Response:  Thanks be to God.Responsorial Psalm - Please join the refrain.Psalm # Refrain:  whatever the line is.For the gospel, I listed the celebrant and response sayings.  If you want to see exactly what I have, you can email me at tnspight@hotmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all your help ladies :o)

Datsyuks & Ferdy- We Go Together Like...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    september - can you post the wording you used for the communion blessing?  We went to a wedding recently where almost everyone got up to receive communion, most were not Catholic.  Thanks!   (if you want to email me it's bwidrick at gmail dot com). 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards