• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Catholic Weddings

Question about having a priest, deacon AND Episcopal priest at a wedding mass...

We are having a full Catholic Mass for our wedding coming up. We have a priest which will be the "celebrant" for the mass but we also have a family friend who is a Catholic Deacon and will be assisting in Mass. To make things even more complicated we have ANOTHER family friend who is an Episcopal priest who will also be assisting. My question is - how do I list the Episcopal priest and Catholic Deacon in the program? I think according to the Church they are not celebrants....I don't know the word to use. Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Re: Question about having a priest, deacon AND Episcopal priest at a wedding mass...

• Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    Knottie Warrior 2500 Comments 25 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    is the deacon serving mass or do you have altar boys?  is he serving as a eucharistic minister?
  • edited December 2011
    We will not have alter servers and he will be giving out communion..... Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I would list it as Fr Jones will be performing the mass assisted by Fr Smith and Deacon Oneil
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    Knottie Warrior 2500 Comments 25 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    so then i suppose you could list him as a eucharistic minister.... or you could use ffmaid's wording.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    2500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I had a priest and deacon. The deacon also gave the homily. I listed them as:Celebrant:Father Michael MDeacon:Deacon John MNot really sure what you would do with the Episcopal priest though... have you clarified with your Catholic priest what his actual role will be?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards