Catholic Weddings

Engagement Encounter Weekend

FI and I spent the weekend learning from experienced couples about how to have a productive marriage. It was great! I had been nervous and excited about this for a while, but it was much better than I ever expected. We were one of only two engaged couples, so we received a great deal of individual attention. After reading about ladies having issues with parishes around the country, I wanted to share a positive experience. Thanks for listening. :o)

Re: Engagement Encounter Weekend

• edited December 2011
    I also attended Engaged Encounter this weekend and had a truly GREAT experience.  We were one of 12 couples, and there were 2 presenting couples.  We went into the weekend thinking, well, we wouldn't be doing this if it weren't required, but since we are let's make the most of it.  So we took it seriously and really got much more out of it than we expected.  My fiance told me it was one of the best weekends of his life, and I agreed.I'm sure it differs by diocese, but we did ours in Baltimore and I would recommend it to anyone.
  • PressMePressMe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cool. We're in DC. We had five couples presenting, plus the NFP lady.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm happy you guys had a great experience - good couples are hard to come by and truly make a HUGE difference.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow 5 couples!!  Sounds different than mine but also really interesting to get so many perspectives.  They only addressed NFP for a few minutes in ours, and gave us some reading suggestions if we were interested.  I was happy not to spend a lot of time on it, but I know some couples were really interested and probably wanted to hear more about it than we did.
  • scoffindafferscoffindaffer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had to drag my beau kicking and screaming on Friday--we both thought that we had talked about everything and we couldn't possibly learn anything else. surprise, surprise we learned a lot and had a chance to refocus our commitment on the G-Man. We realized we had some big decisions to make in the near future and we were taking under the wing of a really awesome couple who asked us to do a reading together at Mass at the end. it was an exhausting, but definitely high-quality weekend :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yea we did a lot of re-focusing as well:)  I would def encourage people to do the Engaged Encounter weekend instead of the classes...I can't imagine that we would have been able to get as into it/get as much out of it if we had to come after work, just during the day, etc.  I would have been thinking about what time I was gonna get home and what I had to do the next morning instead of on us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards