Catholic Weddings
Options

"Friendship Evangelization": Loving People Into The Church

I just viewed the website of A Simple House, a Catholic charitable organization named for memorial contributions in my brother's friend's obituary.  They offer an explanation of their mission of "friendship evangelization," which I find to be beautiful and wanted to share:

"Christ is transmitted through relationship with others, and human relationship is a necessary precondition of conversion. God has willed that we know Him through each other.

"A Simple House believes that the most effective evangelists of history have worked through personal relationships and friendship evangelization. In this sense, we do not try to argue someone into the Church. We strive to love them into the Church. When Christ is our intimate friend, it feels natural to introduce another friend to Him. If Christ is not our friend, we are talking about someone we do not know and an awkwardness results. Friendship evangelization starts by developing friendship with Christ and ends with a natural, effective, and loving evangelization." (emphasis mine)

Their website is http://www.asimplehouse.org/index.php if you'd like to read more.

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)

Re: "Friendship Evangelization": Loving People Into The Church

• Options

Wow, I really like that! Especially the bolded part, it is very true! :o)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I love this. It's really the right way to try and bring people into the church. Arguing with people and telling them their views are wrong will not accomplish much. Letting them form their own opinions through positive friendships is bound to accomplish so much more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our priest discussed this exact topic this week in his homily. He actually used that phrase about being unable to argue someone into the faith...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards