Catholic Weddings

post your wedding dress/dress in mind :)

Just thought it would be fun to share our dresses with eachother or if you don't have yours yet, some that you have in mind :)

Happy Monday!

I do not have mine yet but love these...

love the style of the one above

and this one...

also here is a SUPER cute idea for a guestbook I had to share!

xoxo, Jennifer

Re: post your wedding dress/dress in mind :)

• monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Ooooooh I especially love the second one.  It's hard finding really beautiful wedding dresses that cover the shoulders.

These are dresses that I like.  Or that I at least like elements of.

I especially like the skirt on this one:

I love the top here:

And while the last two were actually custom dresses by an etsy designer, this is the only real designer dress I've ever liked (by Watters):

The problem is I'm too picky--so my dream dress would be some kind of amalgamation of these three.

SaveSave
  • edited December 2011
    I also like the Watters dress. Dont worry, I am picky too. My ideal dress would be the second picture dress I posted but I would want it to be made where it can be strapless for later in the reception. I'll just dream though ;)

here are a couple pictures of a bride in the dress. so pretty!

xoxo, Jennifer
  • Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Monkeysip... I'm totally in love with that second one you posted...

I love sharing my dress... here you go! Its Casablanca 1900 with a custom made bolero.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love dresses.  Mine is in my sig.  The train is about a foot and a half long.
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't even tried dresses on yet!  I have basic ideas of things I like, but I've tried not to look too much because I don't want to get my heart set on something I can't find in my price range.

Monkeyslip, I LOOOOVE the top on the second dress.  So pretty

edited December 2011
    I haven't tried any on either!  My wedding is so far away, I'm just browsing and dreaming at this point. The watters dress is way out of my price range... so I'm really looking at getting a dress made by a dressmaker that can kind of incorporate parts of what I like.  We'll see.

I love your dress with bolero, Katie!  I also love that veil!  That's the kind I want.

This is fun, haha.  I love looking at dresses.

Chelsea--I wouldn't pick strapless, but I love the detailed bodice on your dress!  So pretty!

Nothing like looking at pretty dresses to get me in a good mood.

SaveSave
  • edited December 2011
    Here is my dress. I love it. Parts of my dress were inspired by my mother's dress and that is how I ultimately picked mine.

• edited December 2011
    I love love love looking at other brides' dresses!  They are all beautiful!  This is mine the day I picked it up.  <333

@Jen: Love those dresses!  Does the top one have pockets?  Pockets in wedding gowns is like, the greatest idea on earth.
    Anniversary

edited December 2011
    Oooooh.... I love the scallops and lace on yours, professor!

Yes, pockets in dresses is always awesome!  I love that!

SaveSave
  • Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_post-wedding-dressdress-mind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:48686187-8298-452d-9f49-ba3e823bc864Post:e59575fe-5ba2-49b9-a90b-83cc0759fde9">Re: post your wedding dress/dress in mind :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love your dress with bolero, Katie!  I also love that veil!  That's the kind I want.
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]

Mine was custom made, and pretty inexpensive as far as veils go ($50)... it wasn't the heavy beaded lace like on my dress or anything, but it looked nice and in pictures it looks like it matches perfectly. The little lace flowers covered my hair and then it was tulle below that with lace around the whole edge (if that doesn't make sense I can post a better pic)... anyway, my point is, if you want to know who made it, let me know--its from an etsy seller. She just has regular chapel veils in her shop but she was happy to make me a bridal veil.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_post-wedding-dressdress-mind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:48686187-8298-452d-9f49-ba3e823bc864Post:cee8e4cf-876d-4232-b095-1466c491b2bb">Re: post your wedding dress/dress in mind :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: post your wedding dress/dress in mind :) : Mine was custom made, and pretty inexpensive as far as veils go ($50)... it wasn't the heavy beaded lace like on my dress or anything, but it looked nice and in pictures it looks like it matches perfectly. The little lace flowers covered my hair and then it was tulle below that with lace around the whole edge (if that doesn't make sense I can post a better pic)... anyway, my point is, if you want to know who made it, let me know--its from an etsy seller. She just has regular chapel veils in her shop but she was happy to make me a bridal veil.
    Posted by KatieAnne18[/QUOTE]

<div>I might need that info... I went through someone in my parents' town on the recommendation of my mother's coworker, and she (the veil maker) has not filled me with much confidence that this will be done...</div><div>
    </div><div>Edit: Monkeysip, I LOVE the third dress you posted!</div>
    Anniversary

• RaeilyRaeily member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Professor, I love your dress! It's gorgeous!

I don't have any pictures of me in mine but I'm bringing it home soon and will definitely snap some pictures to share.
    January 2013 Moms - February Siggy Challenge - My Valentine
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I love all the lace!  monkeyslip - it would be great if the skirt of one and the top of the other could go together.  jen - I love the back of yours.

This is mine in ivory.  I am calling today to schedule my first fitting.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    100% in love with the design "Kara" by Henry Roth.  It is probably out of my price range, since they only carry it at Kleinfeld's and one other place in the U.S., but I'm hoping it will either go on sale or inspire some very similar dresses in the next year.  Since it doesn't fully cover the shoulders (which I am very uncomfortable with in church) I would find a bolero/wrap/something for just the ceremony to take care of that.  For the reception, I love the amount of arm it shows.

After five years he finally asked! Wedding Countdown Ticker imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers imageVisit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_post-wedding-dressdress-mind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:48686187-8298-452d-9f49-ba3e823bc864Post:12c0859d-dd29-4287-b9da-d8540200cc7e">Re: post your wedding dress/dress in mind :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]100% in love with the design "Kara" by Henry Roth.  It is probably out of my price range, since they only carry it at Kleinfeld's and one other place in the U.S., but I'm hoping it will either go on sale or inspire some very similar dresses in the next year.  Since it doesn't fully cover the shoulders (which I am very uncomfortable with in church) I would find a bolero/wrap/something for just the ceremony to take care of that.  For the reception, I love the amount of arm it shows.
    Posted by HelloKaty37[/QUOTE]

<div>WOW!  Beautiful!</div>
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I bought this one! It hasn’t been altered or steamed yet, but you get the jist. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kathleenkmmkathleenkmm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The one I think I want is in my sig. I'm going to NYC in October to try it on!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loislane906loislane906 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love all the dresses with sleeves! I had my sleeves custom made on the dress which was strapless to begin with (link - http://jamescliffordcollection.com/item/?i=J11002&collection=James%20Clifford%20Collection).

And this is how it ultimately looked. It's a pretty easy option if you want to make your dress one of a kind. I just had them order an extra yard of lace from the manufacturer of the dress and the man who did my alterations custom made the sleeves to my exact specifications. It was exactly what I wanted! Pic below...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • MopsieBMopsieB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's me in what I wore just a couple months ago!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards