Catholic Weddings

Altar Arrangments?

Does anyone have a good website to go to for some ideas on altar arrangements?  I can't have much in the chapel, but I can have 2 altar arrangements... I wanted something fresh sort of round and I plan on using a pedestal for it...

Re: Altar Arrangments?

• edited December 2011
    I don't have any web sites. Are you using a florist? They should know what to do and what is appropriate. Our florist had books to show us with designs and told us what the priest typically prefers. 
  • MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not using a florist.  My aunt will be doing them for me, but I need some pictures to show her...
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of people put a wide and flat arrangement on a pedestal.  Some churches have pedestals already that you can use so ask.  If they don't, you'll probably need to buy one.  They usually use some sort of flower that hangs downwards like a fern or something in addtion to flowers that go up so it has a dramatic effect.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with what pp said. I'm bad with flowers so I just went with what the florist told me to get.
  • edited December 2011
    Check with your church to see if they have pedestals. My church does, they are always out. I am using artificial hydrangeas for all of the bouquets and I think i will go with hydrangeas for the altar also. they are sucn big full flowers, it's easy to make a nice full arrangement.
    Crosswalk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards