Catholic Weddings
Options

Prayer of St. Francis

I really love the song "Prayer of St. Francis". I think the words ring true to the struggles expected throughout a marriage. Last month, 3 things happened within a week that made me think this song should be in our ceremony. I heard it in Mass, the prayer was in our marriage prep class book, and my grandma passed away and St. Francis is etched in her headstone. My mom doesn't think it's appropriate for a wedding. thoughts?
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Prayer of St. Francis

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a lovely choice for a wedding! It echoes your marriage vows very well - you will promise to be true to each other in good times AND in bad. I love the message of being the light when there is darkness, and to give as well as take. What a beautiful choice!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree. I went to a catholic high school run by franciscan brothers, so we prayed this prayer A LOT...it's definately my favorite prayer and great words to live by...especially in a marriage! I've been thinking of throwing it in to my marriage ceremony as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also have the Prayer of St. Francis song selected for our ceremony.  I think it has a wonderful meaning to live by!
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers BFP #1 12/12/11 - Missed M/C 1/9/12 ~ BFP #2 4/5/2012
  • Options
    LuluP82LuluP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had it in our ceremony too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is my favorite hymn...I sang it at my grandmother's funeral, and we're planning to use it in our ceremony as well. I think it's perfect, because it expresses, in so many ways, the kind of things I want to give to my husband...

Linda
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is beautiful! We definitely considered it for our wedding, but ultimately decided on other music. I think it's a can't-miss though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    _Dagney__Dagney_ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used it for our gift presentation.
     It was absolutely beautiful.
     Our mothers were our gift bearers which made it especially poignient.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards