Catholic Weddings
Options

NWR: FI is getting baptized Catholic next week...any gift ideas?

Hi!  So FI is getting converting and will be brought into the church next week.  He totally did this on his own and not thru any pressure from me at all.  Our wedding is in February, yay!  I wanted to get something special gift-wise for him on this special occasion but cannot think of anything.  Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 235 invited so far!
image 144 are ready to party!
image 91 will be missing out!
image 0 are MIA!

Re: NWR: FI is getting baptized Catholic next week...any gift ideas?

• Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome!
    What about a medal or crucifix to wear? Or a picture/statue of his patron saint? Does he already have a Catholic Bible?--a nice Bible would make a good gift.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Medal of his patron, a crucifix, or a rosary or sort-of standard. I think a nice Family Bible or crucifix for your home would be a lovely way of marking the beginnings of your life as a family of faith. There are also a million great books that might help him as he continues his faith journey--any of those would be great, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does he have a Catholic Bible? Or what about a Douay Rheims Bible? I received one of those when I finished RCIA.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about a couple's devotional Bible?  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of a Catholic Bible.  He recently learned how his Bible had 7 less books than ours.  I also like the idea of a couple's devotional bible.  Thanks everyone.  I will think about all these great ideas!  I'm so happy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 0 are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is awsome. I am converting too and will be baptized on Easter sunday then we will have our wedding the saturday after Easter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about a cross necklace?  I don't have a photo, but saw a very nice, masculine one (as in not dainty!) very recently.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Wifeandmommy!  How special your wedding will be!  I do remember that when I got my crucifix necklace from my mom last Christmas as a gift he said he would like one.  I will definitely look for one.  St. Jude Shop, here i come!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 0 are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just picked up today a crucifix that I hope he likes.  If not, I can return it for one he does like.  Who knew there were so many variations?  I will have to pick up a bible too :)  Thanks all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 0 are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance - before we were engaged and while I was going through RCIA  - gave me an olive wood rosary that his parents had brought back from the Holy Land, that had been blessed by the Pope. It is one of my most treasured possessions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_nwr-fi-getting-baptized-catholic-next-weekany-gift-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:bb225f70-a34e-4d26-827b-161b269a015ePost:f9300f5e-bda9-4bb4-be02-02806dec7185">Re: NWR: FI is getting baptized Catholic next week...any gift ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance - before we were engaged and while I was going through RCIA  - gave me an olive wood rosary that his parents had brought back from the Holy Land, that had been <strong>blessed by the Pope</strong>. It is one of my most treasured possessions.
    Posted by lmeade62[/QUOTE]

That is awesome!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It really, really, really was and is!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards