So I kind of had a melt down last night and I am really hoping that you ladies will tell me we have still have time and it is going to work out.
So we are 53 days away from the wedding and I have yet to confirm that we have an organist. We have been trying to get a hold of the church organist (which we were told we are required to use) for about four weeks now and I am just super frustrated and I have this big fear that she won't be able to come and we won't have any music. Plus we are getting married not where we live so I can't go talk to anyone in person.
So first I booked the church about a year out and was given all the paper work to fill out as we got closer to the wedding and was told to just contact the organist closer to the date. The church we are getting married at requires that we use their organist and we consult with them about hiring any other musicians. I knew this no big deal. So when I try to call this person about 3 months before the wedding (maybe I waited too long?) to work out details and try to plan the ceremony music the line is disconnected. I call back the wedding coordinators at the church (who are only in the office Tues and Thurs from 10am-3pm, I know they are volunteers and I really appreciate what they do but this can make it hard to get questions answered). So they tell me that the organist I was given the contact information for has passed away, but they have a new person that will be playing the organ for weddings. So I was instructed to send the wedding coordinator an e-mail with my information and she will pass it along to the organist. I do this and wait a week, haven't heard anything.
Call the church back the next Tuesday and ask for the organists phone number so we can call her directly, they gave it to us but said good luck she is hard to get a hold of. We have been calling her directly for about two weeks (left two voice mails) and still no word. FMIL who lives where we are getting married is willing to go try and meet with the organist in person (I was told from the wedding coordinator she prefers to meet with brides after mass), but FMIL cannot go for another 2 weekends. FI is calling the church today to try and set up a meeting with his mom and the organist and try to confirm that someone will definitely be there to play organ, but I am so anxious about this. I don't know what kind of back up plan there is this close to the wedding. Also we were really hoping that the church could recommend a cantor since they have final say over all musicians anyway, but I don't know how we are going to find someone with this short of notice.
So if anyone has any encouragement or advice for finding a cantor in the St. Louis area with 53 days to go it would be greatly appreciated!