Catholic Weddings

Prayer of the faithful to add Military

My cousin was sent to Afghanistan the beginning of September and can not make my wedding in 3 weeks.

I would like to honor him and the other military service members in my prayer of the faithful.

I am lost for words.  I have tried to google, but couldn't really find anything that really captures what I want to say.  I want to just pray for his courage to fight for America and that he returns home safe, etc. - can anyone please give me ideas for different types of wording?
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Prayer of the faithful to add Military

• OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011

How about:

To keep safe and protect our Armed Forces currently serving overseas and here at home, especially (your cousin).  May he and all other service men and women return home quickly to live in the freedoms they help protect.

• edited December 2011
    That is awesome!  It is exactly what I want to say.  Thank you so much!
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That the Lord may preserve the members of our Armed Forces from harm, that even in war, we may keep clearly before us the defense of all human rights, especially the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; we pray to the Lord.
  • edited December 2011
    Mica, you always know the right thing to say. =)
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    thank you for the suggestions!  This is perfect and really helped me out :)
  • Lauren19.Lauren19. member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a lot of military friends and family who will be attending, so I wrote this as one of the petitions:

For our country’s active duty, reservist and retired military, especially those with us today, that they may know God’s grace and continue to serve as an example of courage and sacrifice to us all
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards