Catholic Weddings

Proof my ceremony program, please?

I've been staring at this for weeks, trying to figure out if i'm missing something. I keep going over and over and I don't find anything wrong, but it seems incomplete somehow. I've looked through dozens of other programs , too.

Can someone double check it for me and let me know what I've missed? Or, reassure me that it's fine and I can stop the crazy? Thanks, ladies!

Wedding Program:

Entrance for Bridesmaids: Hymne, by Vangelis

Entrance for Bride: Jupiter's Theme, by Holst

Old Testament Reading: Sirach 26:1-4, 13-16; Read by Bride's Father

Responsorial Psalm: The Lord Is Kind And Merciful

New Testament Reading: 1 Corinthians 12:31-13:8a; Read by Groom's Father

Gospel Acclaimation: Celtic Alleluia

Gospel Reading: Matthew 5:1-12a; Read by Fr. 

Homily

Exchange of Vows

Blessing and Exchange of Rings

Prayers of the Faithful: Read by Groom's Godmother (respond: Lord, have mercy)

Presentation of Gifts: Brought Forward by Bride's Mother and Groom's Mother

Eucharistic Prayer

The Lord's Prayer

Nuptial Blessing

Communion: Love So strong, by Joe Mattingly, sung by Cantor

If you are not partaking of the Eucharist, you are still invited to come forward for a blessing, indicated by placing your arms over your chest.

Final Blessing

Recessional: Recessional, by Renard

Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart

Re: Proof my ceremony program, please?

• Did you want to list the song used for presenation of the gifts?

Also, check to make sure with the priest that he allows "blessings" during the communion line. Some don't do that. 
  • The music coordinator and organist said she'd just play a little something. I'll have to double check with her if there is something specific so I can list it. But as of now, it's unknown. Good point, though!

We made sure to check w/ our priests (we're having two) that they would be okay with people coming forward for blessing instead of the Eucharist. They both were enthusiastic, which I found really nice.
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • I'm just curious if you got the songs approved?  For instance is Jupiter allowed because I don't see the religious element, same way that the standard "Here Comes the Bride" isn't allowed in the Catholic Church.

By the way I may take notes from your order cause my FI is really interested in the music order and the songs that we need for specific sections.

I also would say you may want a song for the presentation of the gifts since in a regular mass it's when collection takes place so it may help smooth the early part of mass while the priest does the beginning blessings.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_proof-my-ceremony-program-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:f3b3ea30-0b29-4d61-a443-eccbe1b79d63Post:33b35397-b7de-4053-911b-ee9f42c0c700">Re: Proof my ceremony program, please?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just curious if you got the songs approved?  For instance is Jupiter allowed because I don't see the religious element, same way that the standard "Here Comes the Bride" isn't allowed in the Catholic Church. By the way I may take notes from your order cause my FI is really interested in the music order and the songs that we need for specific sections. I also would say you may want a song for the presentation of the gifts since in a regular mass it's when collection takes place so it may help smooth the early part of mass while the priest does the beginning blessings.
    Posted by libby18bell[/QUOTE]

<div>Jupiter's Theme has actually been written into a hymn, called "O God Beyond All Praising."</div>
    Anniversary

• The music coordinator/ organist for my church actually recommended it to us, as she'd played it a couple of times before for weddings. When she did and played it, I admit that I didn't really think of the religious element. I just like the song. Had Jupiter not been brought to my attention, we would've chosen Handel.

I sent the program to the music coordinator, also, to make sure I had everything in there and to ask what her music selection options were for the gifts. When she gets back to me, I'll plug that into the program.

Thanks, ladies, for checking it for me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards