• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Illinois

cakes?

I live in Decatur, IL and my parents live in Springfield.  I'm just curious to know - is there an average on the pricing of a standard, classic looking 3-tiered cake that isn't too elaborate?  I'm just starting my wedding planning and have no idea where to start looking.Thanks!

Re: cakes?

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Speciality Cakes in Springfield (Don't know where you're having the wedding). I have a three-tiered cake that is feeding 75 and two sheet cakes to feed the rest of my reception and for the two huge sheet cakes and my simple three tiered it came to just under $200.
    BFP#1: 3/9/11 Natural m/c: 3/21/11
    BFP#2: 7/21/11 DS born 3/23/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    From everyone I've looked at, it seems the average price is going to be $2-$3 a serving.(price per serving just depends on the baker themselves.) If you want fondant icing, that will bump up the price by atleast .50, if not $1 a serving. I wish I could tell you an actual price, but it depends on how big the tiers are. The best way to look at it, is to figure out how many people you're planning on feeding with it. So, if you're expecting 100 guests, you'll probably pay $200 or so for it. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards