Pennsylvania-Central

Cheap York reception venues, $500 or lower

Can someone help me? 
My fiance and I love the York Heritage Trust museum for our wedding, but the $1,500 fee is quite high for our budget.

We LOVE Festive Board as a caterer and want to use him, and his price is right. We just need a location within York that can work for us. 

Any suggestions? We want to make a decision by next week! 

Re: Cheap York reception venues, $500 or lower

• Not in York but check out Perfect Settings in Columbia.  Just a short jaunt across the river.
  • kimberlyr22kimberlyr22 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    If your budget is a little flexible, check with the Strand Capitol -- a friend used their Studio for a wedding reception and I know they were working on a tight budget.  The website says it's a $600 rental + direct costs; not sure what direct costs mean, but it's worth a check and will give you a look that rivals the York Heritage Trust.

Beyond that, you should be able to book an American Legion, church hall, fire hall, etc for that price point.  Most of the banquet-type settings seem to be at least $1k.

Have you asked the Festive Board for suggestions on venues?

We were having a tough time finding a venue for my sister's wedding (Harrisburg, outdoors, pavillion, less than $500, allow alcohol), and her caterer knew of the perfect spot. 

Good luck!
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • I wasn't sure if you had found anyone since this post is about 2 months old, but when checking around we found that the terrace at Wisehaven was only $450. We're going to look at it tomorrow morning, so I don't know how it compares to the Heritage Trust - which was actually our top pick but I didn't like the caterers. You wouldn't be able to use Festive Board, but their catering options were pretty low in price compared to what I had seen elsewhere.
  • We ended up going with Cool Creek Golf Club! It was $750. You have to use their alcohol and their bartenders, but that is OK with me! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards